Getting a LittLe CRAZY

marloandrob
marloandrob Posts: 8
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I seem to be sooooo into this that I won't even allow myself you taste the food I'm making or anything..I feel like if i can't write down I shouldn't do it.. I don't want this to drive me to a place that is not healthy.

Is this wrong..Is it ok to taste food or have a little bit of something..

I am starting to feel like it's making crazy..

Any thoughts?

Replies

• TGIBriday83
    TGIBriday83 Posts: 68 Member
    i totally get what you're saying. that's why lately i've hated going out to eat at places where i can't get nutritional info cuz i don't know how to track it. often times im left guesstimating and really how accurate is that?
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Taste away, my dear!
    It isn't worth driving yourself crazy over :tongue:
    I tasted some homemade fudge the other day and didn't log it in :blushing:
    I probably burned that taste off just from laughing at the movie I watched that night!
    Remember that this is supposed to be a good thing to help and motivate you, not drive ya nuts :noway:
    I hope I was helpful :happy:
    Good luck on your mission!
    :flowerforyou: Teresa
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    I take a nibble of things here and there... I really don't think it adds up to anything... As long as it isn't constantly throughout the day :laugh: Then it definitely adds up to something...
    For instance, I don't eat chips anymore, but the other day, when I opened a pack for my son, I took one out and ate it... I didn't log it... I think it keeps things real and doesn't make me feel like I"m in some bubble or something... And when I do allow myself a small little portion, I have found that I am less likely to binge on something... That's just my two cents :drinker:
  • glad to know im not the only one..thanks!
  • yes, i feel like sometimes when i deprive myself or stop myself..it makes it worse..like I want to eat everything I shouldn't.. thanks!
  • burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    i totally get what you're saying. that's why lately i've hated going out to eat at places where i can't get nutritional info cuz i don't know how to track it. often times im left guesstimating and really how accurate is that?

I take this site as a guesstimator just to make me more aware of what I'm eating and to have a rough idea of what my daily intake is.

A taste here or there and eating out at a restaurant where the calorific content isn't available once in a while is fine - infact its probably advisable... to give your mind and body a break!

shouldn't let the site take control or might become unhealthy for you mentally! If you stick to your calories for the majority of the time a bad day here and there will not make a big difference!

Good luck with everything! :smile:
  • iluvbread
    iluvbread Posts: 104
    You sound so much like me! I started even writing down "three tic tacs"....It was absurd. I taste what I want now. It was so mind consuming for me that although I lost a nice amount of weight I was miserable.
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    No worries...I was EXACTLY the same when I started over a year ago.....you do SLOWLY start to wean yourself a little because let's face it, you dont want to be logging calories for the next 50 years!hahaha...so, once you start to see and know what your eating, you do start to wean yourself because you retain what your putting in so without tracking you know in your head how your doing, and if your like me, you totally screw up as soon as you stop logging completely and go WAAAY over, but then you get right back on track fix it, and go off, it's like a leaning post every now and then for me when I feel like I might be eating too much, i come on here for a week, track what I'm eating, make some adjustments and then I'm good to go for a while.......
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    No worries...I was EXACTLY the same when I started over a year ago.....you do SLOWLY start to wean yourself a little because let's face it, you dont want to be logging calories for the next 50 years!hahaha...so, once you start to see and know what your eating, you do start to wean yourself because you retain what your putting in so without tracking you know in your head how your doing, and if your like me, you totally screw up as soon as you stop logging completely and go WAAAY over, but then you get right back on track fix it, and go off, it's like a leaning post every now and then for me when I feel like I might be eating too much, i come on here for a week, track what I'm eating, make some adjustments and then I'm good to go for a while.......
    Very s,art.... I see this as a great tool to get me going on my weight loss program. As I get better at logging my meals, I find it easier to gauge exactly how many calories I am taking in at each meal and find my diet becoming more consistent.
    I, however, am guilty of logging in five baked Doritos! :blushing:
  • Slim34
    Slim34 Posts: 46
    ENJOY and have "peace" about it ... MoDeRaTiOn is the KEY !!
  • If I "taste" the food I am cooking I go overboard! I had to stop that completely.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    I've been at this for about a month now and I totally understand what you are saying. My first two weeks I was CRAZY about what I ate. I was even logging 1/8 a teaspoon of stuff, it was pretty nuts. Now, I'm more relaxed about it. It can drive you crazy if you obsess about every single thing that goes in your mouth, but I agree with what someone above me posted. This site is a great tool to use as a guideline of what exactly goes into your mouth and how much of it. It really helps you make better choices about the quality and quantity of the foods you eat.

As far as tasting food, heck yes I taste away! Last night I made chicken enchiladas with homemade fresh salsa, and there was A LOT of tasting going on. I didn't log my tasting but added a wee bit more to my portion sizes when I logged my final meal.
This discussion has been closed.