Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Nike+ run, mapmyrun, run keeper or zombies, run ! ?

which do you prefer and why ?

I've tried Nike+ run and I like it but I've have like 4 Nike+ accounts and I can't get into any account cause they don't send the forgot password email 0_0

I have zombies run and I'll use it when I'm in town walking around and remember to bring my earphones.

Replies

• rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Map My Run, but I always run random loops around town and then map it after I run. I don't like having my bulky phone on me during a run.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    have you tried an arm band or belt clip ?
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    I LOVE Zombies Run, but its the only one I have used.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    I think Zombies, Run! is a lot of fun, but I only use it on fun runs (I don't always want to add the intervals/zombie chases). For training runs, I use Runkeeper and nothing else.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Map My Run, but I always run random loops around town and then map it after I run. I don't like having my bulky phone on me during a run.

This
  • AnnACnd
    AnnACnd Posts: 72 Member
    I used to use map my run. it was really good. Now though I have the app Runtastic. It is incredible. Love it.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    I'm a huge fan of Runkeeper.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    I just use Runkeeper for training. The zombie app sounds like fun but I'm currently working on knocking my pace down and I need a steady consistent speed to achieve this.
  • rebeccap13
    have you tried an arm band or belt clip ?

Its a Droid X in an Otterbox. I prefer to run with my iPod shuffle if I need tunes.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member

how do you map your run if you dont have it with you
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Map my run
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    so far i have used map my run and today was my second run since getting it...so far i like it no complaints....it counts distance, speed, time and calories burned which is everything i want when i go on a run
  • rebeccap13

how do you map your run if you dont have it with you

I either map it on the site or I drive it while I have the app turned on.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    I like RunKeeeper because you can set it to give you audio alerts- every 5 minutes it tells me how far I've gone and my current pace. It helps me challenge myself to increase my speed. I also like it because it sends you an email when you reach a new record. Nice encouragement!
  • I have used map my run and jog log which both worked just fine but I've been sticking to Nike + Running just because I want to log miles to get to their different levels.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    I also recently got the zombies run 5k training app and runtastic pedometer pro !
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I've used Runkeeper for awhile and always liked it - the updates on pace and distance are great, and it seems to track my route well. I like that you can set goals and add races on the website.

I recently tried Nike+ and I like it better for the personal bests it gives you on each run (assuming you hit a best) - fastest 5k no matter how far I run, best mile, etc.

I've got friends on my Runkeeper site I want to keep up with, so lately I've been running both apps when I go out. :bigsmile:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    which do you prefer and why ?

I've tried Nike+ run and I like it but I've have like 4 Nike+ accounts and I can't get into any account cause they don't send the forgot password email 0_0

I have zombies run and I'll use it when I'm in town walking around and remember to bring my earphones.

Nike + . It's powered by TomTom so the GPS side is nailed. It's reliable, accurate, slick,stylish and never fails...I won't use any running system ever again, and Iv'e tried them all.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    I use Nike+ which is on my iPod so I have my tunes and track my miles; I have it set to give me my stats every 1/4 mile to help keep me motivated and try to run faster.