The BBB

Options
Does anyone have any exercise suggestions about the Baby Belly Bulge around the BellyButton?! :oP

I have been doing situps, crunches, reverse crunches, any trying to figure out how to work that area and it is not budging :o(

PLEASE HELP!!!

Replies

• prettyinpink
    prettyinpink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any exercise suggestions about the Baby Belly Bulge around the BellyButton?! :oP

I have been doing situps, crunches, reverse crunches, any trying to figure out how to work that area and it is not budging :o(

PLEASE HELP!!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    LOL! I thought you were going to talk about the Better Business Bureau. :tongue:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Focus on cardio to burn the fat away. Just keep working on the core. It's taken two years for mine to firm up. But don't despair, I had a massive belly with the stretch marks to prove it; it can be done!
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    LOL! I thought you were going to talk about the Better Business Bureau. :tongue:

So did I. Funny cuz I was just on their site. Thats why I opened this. But Id also llike to know how to get rid of that bulge too so Im still glad i opened it. :tongue:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings Prettyinpink!

You would be amazed at the results you get from bellydance! Cardio and toning all wrapped in as one...plus it is so much fun!

Fat Dancer
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options

So did I! :laugh:
  • kimd983
    kimd983 Posts: 39
    Options
    I WILL let you know, when i find MY belly button so i can tone MINE up hahahahahah
  • PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    I have a Billy Blanks Tae-Bo video called Basic Training Bootcamp and they do a whole section of floorwork that works the lower abs. It's really tough and I've only done it a couple times and I already feel it working!! they mix a lot of cardio with calisthenics and it's a great workout. anyway..the floorwork that I really like is where you lay on your back but keep your head and shoulders up off the floor. then you do all kinds of leg lifts and knee bendy things (sorry for my vague descriptions, I'm not really good at explaining this kind of stuff). Billy has you switch between all these different exercises while still holding your head and shoulders up and never letting go of your tightened stomach and after 5 minutes of these kind of exercises you can definitely feel the burn in the BBB !!!
    ~Pam
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have a Billy Blanks Tae-Bo video called Basic Training Bootcamp and they do a whole section of floorwork that works the lower abs. It's really tough and I've only done it a couple times and I already feel it working!! they mix a lot of cardio with calisthenics and it's a great workout. anyway..the floorwork that I really like is where you lay on your back but keep your head and shoulders up off the floor. then you do all kinds of leg lifts and knee bendy things (sorry for my vague descriptions, I'm not really good at explaining this kind of stuff). Billy has you switch between all these different exercises while still holding your head and shoulders up and never letting go of your tightened stomach and after 5 minutes of these kind of exercises you can definitely feel the burn in the BBB !!!
    ~Pam
    When you say keep your head and shoulders up off the floor......is it like your going to do a sit up but don't , do you keep your hands behind your head? :embarassed: I really need help there to.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, after I had my first baby, once I was within 10 pounds of my goal weight my tummy was flat - not exactly as it was before, but lovely and flat and bikini worthy (even a few stretch marks faded and were barely noticeable). :smile:

From the looks of your photos on your profile, I think you will be fine! :flowerforyou:

It just takes time, and as you said lots of cardio, crunches, etc. It just takes time for the skin :noway: to adjust once you've lost the fat and toned the muscles.

Tummy condition after my second baby is another story (I gained 60 lbs this time)! Although I've still got about 30 lbs to lose, I've certainly got a BBB. It's heinous. :sad: I'm hoping once I lose more weight this will not be a problem - has anyone's tummy flattened after two babies? I fear I may have permanently damaged the skin by gaining so much weight. :frown:
  • prettyinpink
    prettyinpink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    ~Pam

Haha Thanks!! I will look into those :o)
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    With my first child, I gained over 60 lbs....and didn't lose any of it. Then when I got pregnant with my second, I only gained 8 lbs....so I was at square one basically (though it did feel good to say that I was back in my old clothes a week after I had the baby, that doesn't really count when it's a size 14!)
    I have loose skin on my belly that won't go away. I'd love to be able to wear a bikini when I hit my goal weight of 140, but I don't think I'll be able to:frown:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options

Me too.

Some times it just doesn't go away. Keep working at it. I gained less than 10 with my son and he was 9.7 and less than 5 with my daughter and she was 8.8. Flat after the first and after the second, it hasn't gone away. I will keep working on it, but if it doesn't go away, the rewards were all worth it. I love every stretch mark and the tummy, because I was given 2 beautiful kids.
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options

I will keep working on it, but if it doesn't go away, the rewards were all worth it. I love every stretch mark and the tummy, because I was given 2 beautiful kids.

Couldnt have said it better!
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I gained 60 lbs with my first, 65 with the second, and 70 with the last one......anyone see a trend here? I guess I was one of the fortunate few who managed to lose my weight quickly and firm up the belly area. Of course, the last one was born 17 years ago so I've had lots of time to firm up. :laugh: Now that I am older, I am struggling to firm up the belly as I lose the weight I have accumulated. I have found that cardio combined with core exercises work the best. It's also important to remember that we cannot expect results overnight, no matter what the infomercials tell us. I figure it's better to tighten slowly and not gain any back than to lose quickly and restretch the skin again after gaining it back.
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    I firmed up no problem after my my first took two years for stretch marks to disappear though still wouldn't never have worn a bikini even though when my son was 6 mnths old I was lighter than ever 142lbs and I am 5 ft 9 so I was skinny but everybody was on my case and told me to fatten up 6 years later struggling to slim I wish I had just ignored them.

I never lost the weight after my second baby she weighed in at 9lb 8 oz and stacks of water too my skin hurt with her as if I was going to burst (she was also 13 days early) even more stretch marks

I only gained 3 lbs with my third daughter she is 18 mnths now I have gotten within 4 lbs of my goal then bounced back 20 to 30 lbs even when I was so close and concentrating on my core I still would not dream of exposing my belly I think I will just have to learn to live with it maybe when I hit my goal this time it will be different.

Its frustrating try to lose belly fat and all that I can notice is that my boobs have shrunk since having kids and I really tried to take care of them when I was pregnant and nursing correct bras fitted properly through the different stages etc but still I am sure at least 4lbs of my weight lose has been from my boobs again something I will just have to live with.

All sooooo worth it though its gr8 being a mummy the best most wonderful job in the whole wide world.