What is realistic?

Options
Hey, I'm sort of new. Haven't used this in years. I'm a 29 yr old mom of 3. 5'3 and excerise 3-4x a week. We moved to a new city last year and I packed on about 10 lbs. I still had some baby wieght on top of that before gaining. I lost about 6 lbs of that in the spring and I want to lose about 6 more. My current weight is 130 and I would like to be 124ish. Before my last two kids, I was always at 120-124. How hard is it going to be to get this last 6 lbs off? What should my time frame be to do it healthy and lasting?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm sort of new. Haven't used this in years. I'm a 29 yr old mom of 3. 5'3 and excerise 3-4x a week. We moved to a new city last year and I packed on about 10 lbs. I still had some baby wieght on top of that before gaining. I lost about 6 lbs of that in the spring and I want to lose about 6 more. My current weight is 130 and I would like to be 124ish. Before my last two kids, I was always at 120-124. How hard is it going to be to get this last 6 lbs off? What should my time frame be to do it healthy and lasting?

Set your activity level to honest, probably Lightly Active with child.
    Set weight loss goal to 1/2 lb weekly.

Doesn't seem like much, but your best bet not to lose Lean Body Mass.

Eat back your exercise calories as MFP was designed, you'll still have that deficit in your daily goal exercise or not.
  • patrick_tia
    patrick_tia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tha's what I have it set on now, 1/2 lb a wk. If I abide, will it work to 1/2 lb a wk?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Tha's what I have it set on now, 1/2 lb a wk. If I abide, will it work to 1/2 lb a wk?

Probably more, unless you know how much you've been eating to maintain, and can compare what MFP is guessing your non-exercise maintenance is.

Goals page show what that value is.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't worry about 6 lbs. One of the greatest quotes I've ever read regarding weight is from one of our members, a highly respected nutrition and fitness proffesional, Steve Troutman. He said:

"I simply don't think it's worth worrying about what your weight should be. Rather, worry about what your health, functionality, performance, and physique should be. Weight will settle where it needs to be once those things are optimized."

I think this is the place to focus and let the scale take care of itself.
  • porscheparcher
    Options
    Hey!

You should honestly be able to do this in a few weeks, no problem. I can suggest to you something that worked for me! Getting past those stubborn pounds can be a pain!! I'm here to help :)