Any Boxers out there?

Options
KatWood
KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
Hello,
As my journey of healthy living has progressed I have found myself wanting to focus less on the scale and more on specifc fitness goals and trying new things. Last year I focused on running and ran my first 1/2 marathon in October. This year I have decided I would like to learn how to box. I have found a club in my area and I am going to go this weekend to find out what they offer in terms of lessons and what leagues I could join. Not only do I want to learn how to box but I want to compete in at least one fight. I was wondering if there are any boxers on here and what advice they might have to a newbie? I have taken cardio kick boxing classes before but that is all the experience I have. Any suggestions or even stories would be appreciated.

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    No specifics from me, but I know it's a GREAT workout, and your gym should be a great help. I have a classmate from high school who boxes competitively, and I have to tell you, she looked fine in HS, but she looks AMAZING now. And she LOVES it. So have fun!