Low Carb Ice Cream?

Options
Does anyone know of an ice cream at any chain that is under 30 g of carbs or less? Particularly Cold Stone Creamery.......My boyfriend has been wanting to try CSC. The problem comes in when I am cutting back on my carbs he likes to be very supportive and not go places that I can not eat or get anything.....I want to surprise and go there today but I can find any good information. Thanks

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that they have sorbets which HAS to be better than their icecream or why don't you take him to a frozen yogurt shop, he can put all the toppings on that he wants and you can just have a little bit of sugar free yogurt! Good luck...

~Leash :heart:
  • veganmommy04
    Options
    well sadly i don't have any carb infor for you on cold stone. i will tell you its AMAZING!!! i've only been there once, but it was soooooooooo good! and allowing yourself a reasonable portion of a treat once and awhile isn't going to hurt anything. so i say surprise him and enjoy yourself just get the small size and only treat yourself once and awhile!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/assets/pdf/nutrition/Nutrition_Info_IceCream_01_04_10.pdf
    That's the website for nutrition info for all the ice creams and sorbets - I'm sure you can find one there. You might want to call ahead to make sure they have whatever flavor(s) you want to eat!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Not sure about CSC, but some icecream shops make icecream for diabetic which would be much lower in sugar therefore lower in carbs. If not Sorbet or sherbert would have less calories although they sugar/carbs may be similar.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Coldstone is delicious, and I go there as a treat "cheat meal" not when I'm trying to be healthy!! I just went through the nutritionals on coldstones website and NONE of them are under 30 grams of carbs, the sorbets are all really high because they're mostly sugar. Your best bet is to go with the Sinless Sweet Cream (140 calories & 34 carbs in the small "like it" size) and then pick fruit mix ins. They have a sinless version of the cake batter but I didnt like it, too powdery of a texture... anyways Good luck!!