COLES or WOOLWORTHS.... ?

Options
Was just interested to know what people thought about the value of groceries at Coles or Woolies.

Which one is better value for money?

Which one has the best "specials"?

Replies

• lookingforsomething
    Options
    At the closest Woolworths to me the F & V is really bad - often already going off while on display or they just don't have any ie tomatoes, avocados etc and it's a new store that is a new complex. Only been open about 12 months.
    They ofter don't have fully stocked shelves etc. Only good thing is they have an "English" section with their international food - my husband is english so he loves it.

We drive a little bit further and go to coles - F & V much better. Can always get what we want etc.

Either way we have to drive about 1/2 hour to get to either so neither is convenient for us.

I think they are about the same on value for money and specials - kind of depends on what you want that week.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I shop at Woolies because it's more convenient and because I'm in the habit of it. Coles always seems annoying because I don't know where things are and they don't always have the brands I like.

I don't usually get fruit and veg there though, it's much cheaper for me to buy it at my local market.

And my husband often goes to the big Cash and Carry near us for bulk items like coffee, rice, pasta, tinned tomatoes, toilet paper etc.

So, Woolies is a weekly top up shop for perishables like cheese, yoghurt or miscellaneous groceries that we don't buy in bulk.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I go to both every week because they both stock different things I need.