Running

Options
Today my oldest is actually home after school. For once. No band, no drama club, she is home. For once I can go for a nice hike after work. So I suited up: running shoes, iPod, small backpack, baseball bat on my back like a sword, hand weights in tow, and off I go. I feel like a warrior goddess off to conquer my kindgom. I live in the country, and it is a gorgeous day and the weather is perfect at 73 degrees with a light, cool breeze. Once I am warmed up, I start to do some interval running by running during the chorus of each song. Worlds Collide...not today. Smack my B!tch Up...catch me first mothafvcka. Gone in Sixty Seconds...bye-bye Chemical Bros. I am feeling pretty good, starting to hit a stride, and generally enjoying the view. I am able to almost meditate, as the world falls away, and I am left with the rythmn of the music and the sound of my own breathing. It feels good to run a bit, although down hill, it makes me feel a little like flying.

running_zps6b61c616.jpg

Replies

• PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Ha ha...
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    True story =)
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You have a lovely way with words :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • redheaddee
    Options
    Thank you!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    I've got to ask......a baseball bat? (Sounds like you had a great run - we all need more days like that!)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I've got to ask......a baseball bat? (Sounds like you had a great run - we all need more days like that!)

Yeah, I typically run with a catcher's mitt on my left hand and a baseball bat in my right. The hockey mask is a nice touch too I think. It keeps people out of my way and when cars don't stop at intersections to let my by I swing at their beautiful paint job with my aluminum sword and let them feel my wrath.
  • redheaddee
    Options
    LMAO...the baseball bat is because I live in the woods and need something to defend myself, just in case. We have coyotes, bobcats, and gators, so it is best to be prepared.
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    LOL - seriously :D There are a few beagles in my 'hood that always want to run with me when I jog by. I will commiserate with the poor little things even more now :D