I reached my first goal!

Options

Replies

• liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up, it'll get easier! A good idea is to have several goals, rather than just a specific weight goal. Sometimes when the scale doesn't budge for a while it can be discouraging--so it helps to measure inches lost, or fat percentage lost, instead of just weight. I've lost 30 pounds of fat, and I have put on about 12 lbs of muscle, so the total weight loss is only about 18 pounds-- but I've dropped 2 dress sizes! So it's helpful to measure by other things than only total weight.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats on meeting your goal. You got this!

Also, take pictures so you can track your progress. Pictures got me through some slow times on the scale.
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That already is an impressive loss! Must feel so good :) Keep us posted on your progress - can't wait to hear the good news :flowerforyou:
  • Lcnena209
    Options
    congratulations, way to go..... keep up the awsome job.
  • Msfigure2013
    Options
    Congrats...
  • kirbyland
    kirbyland Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm trying to set small goals for myself too. First one being 20 pounds by Christmas..we'll see. But Congrats again, that's awesome, and keep it up!
  • texassquirt
    Options
    Way to go!! What an awesome goal to reach!!!! Congratulations!

I agree with you, do not say UGH because you have so far to go....instead say YEAH....I lost another pound and I pray I never see that number on the scale again.

You see.... I am only 4' 11" and weighed 235. When I got under the 230 mark....I smiled and said I will not see that 230 on the scale again.

Keep up the good work!
  • Keeshaja
    Keeshaja Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic Keep up the good work!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    well done...keep it up!
  • Dothisformadi
    Options
    That is amazing and so encouraging! Keep going:) you've definitely inspired me to work harder!!:)
  • INFJ
    INFJ Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Baby steps is the way to go! You'll accomplish more mini-goals :happy:
  • beezipper
    beezipper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are the bomb! Keep on kicking your own butt - you deserve to be proud of yourself!
  • Sweetfi
    Sweetfi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good job! We will all defeat that evil scale in time!
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! I'm doing the same thing, I have an overall goal, but I'm thinking of it 5-10 pounds at a time. Hitting those numbers keep me focused on successes. I think a lot of us have a end goal that is too much to think of at the start, at least I know I do.
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    There's nothing "only" about 18 pounds. Great job!
  • LJ728
    LJ728 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    WTG! :happy:
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    There's nothing "only" about 18 pounds. Great job!

Exactly! Yay you on your progress so far, and your commitment to keep going! Like you, I know that I am going to be here for a long, long time. Instead of thinking about how I need to lose 150 pounds (gulp!) I think about how I am going to lose 15 pounds, 10 times.

Feel free to add me... we have a lot of similar goals and we are at about the same place in our journey.

Congrats again!
  • jwilson3787
    Options
    18 pounds!!! woo hoo! that is a wonderful accomplishment SOO Happy for you!
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Great job - keep going!
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Welcome to twoderville! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!