No weight loss in weeks

Options
I am having trouble losing weight. I am careful to eat the correct amount of calories or less each day and I do exercise. Is it possible to not eat enough calories?

Replies

• 256Sept12
    Options
    yea, they say if you don't eat enough your body goes into "Starvation mode" and you won't lose the weight.

You should go over your weightloss plan to see if you're eating enough or too much.
    You could also be going through a plateau.... however u spell it
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    I'm in this boat too. I only started MFP at the end of September, but started counting calories mid August. I was 63.6kg when I started and now sit around 61kg. And not a lot has changed.

I just noticed today (I know, not so observant) that my calories are set to 1200. Although I do alot of running and a bit of "around the house" strength training, I make sure I eat back those calories ... so I'm at 1200 net. (Which after doing a little more reading I think is the problem?)

http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx calculator says someone my height / weight / age has BMR at 1400 so I assume that I am alread doing badly - as in I should be eating more? In addition to that, the TDEE comes out at just under 1700.

Maybe you and I are making the same mistakes. Would appreciate any feedback also.
  • catsbc2002
    catsbc2002 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    yes make sure you are eatting all your cals also make sure you are eatting three meals and three snack keep you motablism burning.also see what your weight loss is set at if you set it for 2 pounds a week then your cal intake is going to be low and maybe it just to low for your body to keep burning what your giving it.