Lost 53lbs but......

Options
2»

Replies

• JMJ1983
    JMJ1983 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Definitely look at your exercising and your weight training/toning if you are doing these things look at making adjustments, pushing yourself a little longer or a little faster or lifting a bit weight more, or a few more reps...if you're not exercising or weigh lifting (perferably both) then I'd definitely start!!:smile:

Good Luck and the sizes will start going down!!
  • JMJ1983
    JMJ1983 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Lot's of good responses/advice so far. I agree with all of it.

I will also add, that when I started losing weight, I had been in denial about my weight/size for so long I was probably wearing clothes that were a size too small because I wasn't willing to buy the next size up. Once I started getting my shape back, I started wearing my clothes a bit bigger to get a more flattering fit. So it is possible that you lost an additional "size" that you never wore to begin with, if you're at all like me lol.

This is an excellent point!!
  • vjochum
    vjochum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow I am really proud of you. Just reading this gives me incentive to keep with this! Thank You so much for being here today for me.:flowerforyou:

Valerie
  • vjochum
    vjochum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow that is a GREAT thought! You just hit the nail on the head for me!!!!! Knocked the sense right into this here old girl! What you said is EXACTLY what I had done!!!!!!!!!! :sad:
  • quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Lot's of good responses/advice so far. I agree with all of it.

I will also add, that when I started losing weight, I had been in denial about my weight/size for so long I was probably wearing clothes that were a size too small because I wasn't willing to buy the next size up. Once I started getting my shape back, I started wearing my clothes a bit bigger to get a more flattering fit. So it is possible that you lost an additional "size" that you never wore to begin with, if you're at all like me lol.

This is an excellent point!!

I totally agree with both of you. After all, I wouldn't have my muffin top marks on my stomach if I actually wore my correct size, right? I can't wait to go down a size. I have a brand new pair of jeans just waiting for me.
  • Roxie861
    Roxie861 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i have lost 60lbs in total not just with MFP and have only lost 3 dress sizes. For me i think its because i am solid and it seems to be almost 2 stone to a dress size for me.

I have to tell myself that i will get there....my goal is also to be a size 12 but i didnt reach this weight overnight so i am trying to be patient.

Dont give up :)
  • kathrine90
    kathrine90 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey people.
    Thanks for all the lovely comments :) much appreciated.
    I am hoping the dress sizes will go down a bit quicker.
    I do exercise. Zumba 4 times a week and circuit training twice a week.
    Alongside with walking and 2 gym sessions.
    Everyone feel free to add me especially if your in the UK need some new UK buddies.
    Speak soon peps