What exactly is "the core"?

Options
What is it and should I focus on the core muscles first after 13 years of sedentary and being a video gaming bean pole?

Replies

• EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Your core is all the muscles around your middle. They are fairly important, they help you remain upright. They should probably be worked along with everything else if you haven't done much of anything for awhile. Try planks. They are very hard but they work all the way around. I still get sore after a set of them, and I've been working out for years.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    To sum up, your core is everything in your abdomen - abs, lower back muscles, all the muscles that hold you standing up.

And you definitely need to work the core - not only does a stronger core allow for stronger lifts, but the more toned and tight those muscles are, the better your middle will look.

And this is coming from a 15 year semi-sedentary video gaming ... behemoth.
  • cblevitron
    Options
    To sum up, your core is everything in your abdomen - abs, lower back muscles, all the muscles that hold you standing up.

And you definitely need to work the core - not only does a stronger core allow for stronger lifts, but the more toned and tight those muscles are, the better your middle will look.

And this is coming from a 15 year semi-sedentary video gaming ... behemoth.

This^

A strong core will also make back problems and things like that more manageable.