In need of a nutritionist's advice..

Options
I can't seem to get a straight answer about my calorie intake or macros. If you are a beachbody "coach" please don't bother to answer, I've had no luck with any of you (sorry to be so harsh but I'm tired of being approached and getting products pushed on me). I'm currently doing C25K. I will be in my third week on Sunday and will be starting P90X that day as well. Right now I am currently consuming 1200 calories and nursing 3-5 times a day gaining an additional 400 calories. My current macros are 55 carbs/15 protein/30 fat. My question is how many calories should I be consuming during my P90X/C25K entirety and do I need to adjust my macros too?

Replies

• determined_01
    Options
    bump
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'd change your macros to 40C/30P/30F to start with. MFP starts you off it a ridiculously low protein intake.
  • thephysiquemechanic
    Options
    I am no expert, but i think you should do the math and figure out your bmr...and from that determine your total daily energy expendeture(tdee) based on the activity you do daily to give you a good estimate of what your calories should be and then figure out your breakdown of macros from that. Burning 400 calories at work nursing isnt very accurate unless your using a good Heart rate monitor.
  • thephysiquemechanic
    Options
    I'd change your macros to 40C/30P/30F to start with. MFP starts you off it a ridiculously low protein intake.

i agree...there protien intake for girls is rediculously low.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to get a straight answer about my calorie intake or macros. If you are a beachbody "coach" please don't bother to answer, I've had no luck with any of you (sorry to be so harsh but I'm tired of being approached and getting products pushed on me). I'm currently doing C25K. I will be in my third week on Sunday and will be starting P90X that day as well. Right now I am currently consuming 1200 calories and nursing 3-5 times a day gaining an additional 400 calories. My current macros are 55 carbs/15 protein/30 fat. My question is how many calories should I be consuming during my P90X/C25K entirety and do I need to adjust my macros too?

Try this message thread, maybe it would be helpful?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/755899-registered-dietitian-in-tx-here-to-answer-questions
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    I am not a nutritionist but... I honestly think you are eating too little if you are doing C25K, P90X, and nursing a baby as well, along with all normal daily activity. Are you at least NETTING 1200 calories or are you only eating 1200 and that is it? I would put your activity level at least at moderately active and at a one pound loss instead of a 2 pound loss and then fix the macros to up protein to 30.