calorie question

ractayjon
ractayjon Posts: 365
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, this maybe a stupid question -
When having soup (campbells condensed, the kind you add a can of milk too) does the caloire per serving include the milk or would you calculate the label PLUS the milk?
AND
A serving of pasta is 2oz. Is that dry or cooked?

Replies

• Yes u should include both....
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Add up the calories in the soup + the calories in the milk you put in.

For pasta, 2oz dry.
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    I only add water to campbells soup.
  • mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    condensed soups always have so much salt in them as well as all of campbells other products. To me, it's too much. I recently got into wolf gang pucks vegan soups, they also have others, problem is its not cheap. Shrug. I always feel like campbells isn't a healthy choice but it always depends on what you do with it, I feel bloated and salted out after one of their soups for sure. This has nothing to do with calories, lol
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    condensed soups always have so much salt in them as well as all of campbells other products. To me, it's too much. I recently got into wolf gang pucks vegan soups, they also have others, problem is its not cheap. Shrug. I always feel like campbells isn't a healthy choice but it always depends on what you do with it, I feel bloated and salted out after one of their soups for sure. This has nothing to do with calories, lol

Ok scary - i was just sitting here surfing around the MFP website feeling crappy after my lunch! I did have the soup (same soup i had on monday, me thinking that it was a good choice, i was craving something 'heavy" so a cream soup seemed to do it) anyway - as i am sitting here I am regretting my decision , mostly for the salt content (that I didnt really think about) -- I didnt need to make that choice, but i did and now im sad.
    I will be move on - but at the same time Im not happy with my choice. ugh.
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102

Ok scary - i was just sitting here surfing around the MFP website feeling crappy after my lunch! I did have the soup (same soup i had on monday, me thinking that it was a good choice, i was craving something 'heavy" so a cream soup seemed to do it) anyway - as i am sitting here I am regretting my decision , mostly for the salt content (that I didnt really think about) -- I didnt need to make that choice, but i did and now im sad.

I will be move on - but at the same time Im not happy with my choice. ugh.

Go into settings and change your food diary to include the sodium. I was surprised by how many foods carry sodium (canned veggies, diet drinks, frozen meat patties, etc.). Now I put a food in BEFORE eaing (especiallly if I do not have label info) to see if it fits in my daily requirments. I still go over sometimes, but I believe it is nothing like before :smile:
This discussion has been closed.