I think I've lost my motivation...

Options
I went from 189 to 156..54..50..58.. and back to 160.
I've been following a strict diet plan but last week I kind of "fell off the wagon" and binged almost everyday of the week. My whole family is so proud of me for having lost all that weight and I guess I felt like I was "done" even though I these changes I've been making should be lifestyle changes!

I just need a lot of help getting my motivation back and getting back on track.

Replies

• bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Only you can find the motivation. It's one of those "whether you think you can or you can't, you're right" conundrums. I'd suggest thinking about, maybe even journaling about, how you felt when you lost weight and how you feel now that you've gained it. Look at websites like mybodygallery.com, maybe even watch some documentaries on weight loss. Those things always help me get back on track. Another thing I'm trying is a self-shaping project...it's a long story, and I just posted on this board about it if you're interested.
  • jsdholland
    jsdholland Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. It's not a problem to treat yourself, but think about how good the healthy eating makes you feel!!!
  • celiason81
    celiason81 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Only you can find the motivation. It's one of those "whether you think you can or you can't, you're right" conundrums. I'd suggest thinking about, maybe even journaling about, how you felt when you lost weight and how you feel now that you've gained it. Look at websites like mybodygallery.com, maybe even watch some documentaries on weight loss. Those things always help me get back on track. Another thing I'm trying is a self-shaping project...it's a long story, and I just posted on this board about it if you're interested.
    Great suggestions here! There are so many days that I wish I didn't always have to find time to ensure I got a workout in, or eat WHATEVER my heart desires. But then I think about how much I hated my body weighing more and how proud I feel after I get a good burn in, especially when I didn't want to in the first place, or eat clean and resist that urge for bad food. It's all a choice, it up to you what your decision is going to be.
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I heard this or read this somewhere:

You don't have to be motivated, you just have to be determined.
  • kachochan
    Options
    Let's think about TODAY.

Today "it doesn't matter how hard you worked or how you didn't work yesterday". Today is today.
  • dcarol92
    Options
    It's natural to lose motivation, the solution is to want something more. You obviously didn't like your old body, but ask yourself: why do I want to lose weight? Put all your past anger and frustrations in your mind, hit the gym or take a run and stick with it. You're almost there!
  • Toshiana123
    Options
    Take one day at a time. If you cheat don't fall completely off the wagon...everybody has their struggles. You can do this, have a little faith in yourself. If your family has faith in you, then you should have more faith in yourself. Add me if you wish...I'm here for you anytime.
  • avgjoe2u
    avgjoe2u Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :smile:

It's hard to stay motivated when you hit a platu.See your way threw it. One of the things I did with my lifestyle was to eat a lower carb diet I find for me I am not as hungry at night and don't feel the need snack if I eat more protien and vetables and skip the starch. Everyone is diffrent keep going find that balance for you what ever it is, how ever long it takes, these investments in yourself will pay many dividens for years to come
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! This week hasn't been one of my best but that's ok! Just keep swimming! This week I've had a ton of stuff going on that's causing a lot of stress and a huge lack of sleep. I haven't been great with my food choices this week and I've only worked out about half of what I normally do but this is life and it doesn't care if you're trying to be healthy it happens anyway. You have to forgive yourself the days that are not "perfect". One day, one week, one month....is not worth quitting over! Just get back up!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

As another poster mentioned, those health/weight documentaries always get me motivated to keep moving!
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
    Wayne Dyer

Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now.
    Denis Waitley
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options

I don't agree with your opening line..............because you go on to give her suggestions that COULD motivate her! I've beeen motivated by MFP's, just by there logging exercise made me get up and go to the gym when I was beyond tired. I went. When I was there I was ready to quit my jog early after my "hill" bike ride, and simply someone jumping on the treadmill next to me (and no it wasn't some sexy woman) made me say to myself "****, I can't stop now" Excuse my language. There are many way's people can get motivated, as I think you know.

I suggest you think about the weight lose you have! Your still under from where you started, that is excellent! You had a bad week........we all do, in our own different ways.......but your talking about it on here..........so I know you just need some good ole motivational pep talkin. I'm so new here, and to changing my health style, so I can't help you much in that department. To inspire you...........just know, you are NOT the only one that's going through this. Some ppl may not be brave enough to post and seek idea's, but we all have our times. Get back on that wagon, know your not alone in your struggle, and fight for yourself. True, it's up to you in the end............but it's nice to have a friend!