Will I lose my B cups?

Options
HI! During all last year I gained 40 pounds. Before I started gaining weight I was a 34 B and now I am still wearing the same bra but I might be a tiny bit bigger in breast fullness and somewhat bigger band size. I definitely have not gone up a cup size. If I lose all the weight I gained-or at least 25 pounds-will my breasts get smaller than they were BEFORE I gained all this weight? Or will they just go back to the size they always used to be before i gained weight? Anyone know a way to not lose much weight in the breasts, like if push ups work or maybe those make you even smaller?
I have not yet committed to weight loss yet, thought I somehow lost 5 lbs a few months ago which has not fluctuated. But when the time is right for me I plan on losing weight by exercising and eating less sugary carbs.
SO, to anyone who has been a B or A cup before AND after they gained weight, how much did your size change after you lost the weight?
Thank you!

Replies

• bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    As a B-cup comrade, I can tell you that my ladies have never changed size with weight loss or gain with the exception of puberty. Everybody's breasts are different, and mine are of the assortment that don't care what I weigh - they've always been B's. Except, I must say, in the third week of my birth control cycle. Those hormones pump me up!!
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I also am a B cup and I've just recently started to notice that I don't fill out the cups as much anymore...they were almost popping out of the B cup 25 pounds ago! Alas, as the previous person said, every ladies' girls are different. You are likely to see them get a bit smaller, but I don't think it will be anything too drastic.
  • OhSusan
    Options
    I'd gained almost 30 lbs in the span of 3 years. I went from a solid B to a C, but the increase in cup size happened during the last year. I've since lost the weight and have gone to slightly below a B (not quite an A cup though).

Usually, the last place you gain weight/fat is the first place you'll lose fat. If your breast size hasn't increased, I'm thinking that they won't get smaller if you lose the weight that you'd gained. If they do, though, you'll probably still be a B cup.
  • brih1212
    brih1212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks for replying everyone! Anyone else have similar stories?
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I gain and lose it there first, but everyone is different. I don't think they are going to be smaller than they ever were (unless you are looking to be smaller than you ever were). You'll likely just be what you usually are when you are at your goal weight.
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    As my weight fluctates so do my breasts. I was a B cup when I was heavier, as I lose weight I drop down to an A cup...But to be honest I don't mind at all.
  • mkzara
    mkzara Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well I was on the lower end of Bs when I hit 140 at my highest almost 2 years ago, now I am at 126 and back in A cup size. So yeah my breasts are definitely effected by weightless.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I notice my collar bones, and upper chest ribs more when I lose weight, boobs shrink too. Sadly it's from the top down that it goes and from the thighs/ bottom up that I gain.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I was a B teanager/young adult, got to a C with weight gain, lost 60 lbs and wear an A, sometimessss B depending on the brand but mostly A.
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I'm envious of the women in this thread that lost weight but didn't lose any in the chest area.

I used to be a solid B, but 60 pounds later I'm now a AA cup. I have a sorry feeling that they'll be even smaller in 10kg's time! My Mum was virtually flat-chested when she was 110 pounds at 25, so that's half what I'm expecting now. Oh well, I just keep telling myself the smaller they are, the easier it is to run!
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    It depends. If your boobs are the size they are meant to be when you are large then no they won't go down. The thing is though, some very large women have large breasts because they are fat. So when they drop weight the weight drops from their boobs as well. Make sense?

I personally lost 70 pounds and have kept all but 20 of them off. My bra size changed in the band, but not the cup size. It just depends on how you're made.
    Even if they go down though I am sure it will be proportionate to your body. Someone can be 5'6 and 300 pounds with DD's, lose weight and go to a B or C and look fabulous.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You know, some men prefer smaller breasted women...just saying.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    It depends on the composition of your breast tissue. You will lose any excess fat in the "girls" but not the breast tissue so much. I went from a 38D to a 38B, contrary to an earlier reply, my band size didn't change but the cup size did. However, I know women who don't lose much if anything in the chest area despite becoming very fit and trim all over. I think since they hadn't increased much, your odds are good they won't decrease much with a 25 lb. loss (which you said has been your gain). Past that, who knows? Good luck!
  • cheekykiwi2
    Options
    i wish my boobs were depending on my weight..but sadly they are genetic and the only thing that made them bigger was when i was pregnant with my son..i was a G cup before i had my son but now im an I cup :( on waiting list to get reduced but need to loose more weight before they will do it
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    You can use those herbal formulas to fluff them back up lol:)
    Yes, they work.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I think you'll drop band sizes before you see actual loss in the cups. I had Ds 68 lbs ago and now they're full Cs, so I think it takes a lot of weight loss to lose a noticeable amount in the breasts. Everyone is different, and the fact that you didn't notice a huge increase with the weight gain suggests, at least to me, that you won't shrink in the same amount as you lose weight.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    It really depends how much fatty tissue you have vs breast tissue. The breast is not just made up of fat deposits.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    My boobs keep getting bigger but my size keeps getting smaller. o.o I will forever be cursed with (What are supposed to be C but feel like and look like double D) boobs.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    My nursing bras were G cups I think.

The last sports bra I bought was a 34B
    I could almost fit into a 36A when I bought my strapless one.

Both my sisters are smaller chested.
    And we have pretty much the same body type.

I think my boobs came from being fat,
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I went from a 34D to a 30C (which is like a 32B)

Breasts are fatty tissue, so there's no guarantee they won't shrink. I would assume they would just go down to the same band size you were at your lowest weight though...