No longer size 16 in pants?!?!?!

Options
For as long as I can remember I've been in size 16 jeans. At some points they even started to get way too tight.
Since the beginning of my journey I've dropped 32 lbs. (8 while on this site). Once I joined this site and started losing weight and toning through the 30 day shred, I noticed my pants were getting really loose. My belt was being worn thing just from tightening it so much.

As I headed home for fall break today I stopped at Walmart, quite excited that I might possibly be able to fit into size 14, finally! So I gathered up some jeans and some athletic-like pants and kept my fingers crossed that they would fit.

Well..... they were baggy! Turns out my jeans are now a size 12!!!! And I had to go even smaller for the other type of pants... I would usually buy them in a 16/18, and now I'm buying them in an 8/10! I was smiling the moment I left the fitting room.

Replies

• wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling! Congratulations! :)
  • ashleyrose90
    ashleyrose90 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love that feeling! That's a great accomplishment. Congrats :)
  • ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    thats amazing, can't wait for that feeling
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I love that feeling. Great and well done :D
  • Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is great!!!
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! What an amazing feeling. You'll have so much more variety in where you can shop now. Enjoy the benefits of your hard work and congratulations!
  • Shelly74
    Options
    That must have been so lovely! I would have been so high I could have flown home! hehe Well done you - I cant wait until I can buy a 10/12 anything!
    Mx
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy that's awesome!! Don't you want to shop all the time now?? :)
  • Dave_Burrell
    Dave_Burrell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep up the great work!
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful...congratulations on such a huge accomplishment. Enjoy those tiny pants :)!
  • alw141
    alw141 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Such a great feeling! Congratulations! :smile:
  • edixon908
    edixon908 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just experienced the same joy this week. My pants are normally 10-12 depending on the pants but I went to Target on Monday and tried on and fit into three pairs all size 6!!!! I owed one pair of 18's previously and also had 16's. So congrats to us!!!! Keep up the good work my friend. This journey is not easy but possible. :wink:
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great job! Isn't it funny how good that feels!! Keep it up!
  • shannon2331
    Options
    Nice Job, I was 238 about two years ago and lost 40 pounds and was at 198....well last month I wieghed myself and noticed I krept back up to 205, so I have joind here hoping this will give the boost I need to get to at least 160.
  • missymartin5
    Options
    Keep it up!!! That is awesome! I'm new to this site and hoping to see some success soon. I've been doing ww for 3 months w/very little success. I'm hoping this site will work better for me, if I can see how many calories I'm burning during exercise, it may work better.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can tell I'm getting smaller though the scale doesn't reflect it. However, my T shirts and rings are fitting much looser. The water weight can leave now. ;)
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Congrats!
  • anaoliver63
    anaoliver63 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    congratulations! what a great accomplishment!!
  • exzcape
    exzcape Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That is such a great feeling when you get fit into smaller sizes!!! Great Job!
  • Shimmerrzz
    Shimmerrzz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am jealous!!! I started at a 22 and am now just wearing 16's....can't wait to be your size!!! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!