The Empty Calorie Debacle

Options
“I had a huge burger and fries last night; and then a chocolate doughnut for breakfast with waffles and then McDonalds on top of it. What the HECK is going on with my body that I'm hungry all of a sudden for all this icky food that doesn’t seem to be filling me up???”

You're unsatisfied with your meals because in the context of nutritional worth the calories you consume are largely empty calories. That means with every calorie you consume you are feeding your body little to no nutrients. Your body isn’t being fed so your body is saying to your brain, “Feed Me! Give me more till I’m fed!” so you keep eating more and more empty calories that aren’t getting the job done. It’s a perfect way to put on the pounds! Overly processed foods destroy the nutrients in those foods; leaving the calories in those foods empty with a result of weight gain and the devastating affects to your health and the way you feel over time.

Eating large amounts of empty calories causes your body to say, "wheres the beef?!?!" Translation: "Where is the sustenance? Where are the nutrients?" You’re not getting sustenance or nutrients when you eat empty calories largely found in overly processed or unnatural foods so you naturally want to keep eating!

The solution to the Empty Calorie Debacle is so simple. Eat nutrient dense 100% natural foods! Eat food with VERY dense nutrients per calorie and you’ll be amazed at how few calories you need to feel full because your body is being fed the stuff it really wants!

Say goodbye to the never ending un-fulfilling food you've been "feeding" your body but even more so feeding your fat stores. Nutrient valuable food is where you will find safe sustainable weight loss and excellent health for life!

Tom

Replies

• metalpalace
    Options
    106 views and zero comments... Someone Fart or something :)
  • will4change
    Options
    That happens sometimes, as long as you don't keep it that way. Our mind and body seem to take full charge of our will sometimes..........May be that is what you were craving for, and if it made you content so be it... MODERATION IS THE BEST THING!!!! Dust off and start back.
    Best of luck!!!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I like this :) There's nothing more filling than a good dose of protein, and it keeps me full for a long time. Soooo I could eat 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt and be sustained until mealtime, or I could eat some chocolate donuts that would lead me be hungry in about 10 minutes. Which to choose?? :wink: Oh and I can't say enough about how great fiber is....:bigsmile:
  • metalpalace
    Options
    I was just recently introduced to the bliss of greek yogurt :) Good call!
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that when I eat better ( for me that means 3 meals a day) I dont feel as hungry as when I eat all junk / fast food.
    Not saying I eat clean or anything radical, just not drive through ,deep fried that kind of thing. Basically I just cook at home more often and dont go out to eat everyday..
    For me I know that when I am not watching what I eat I tend to eat very. very little protein. I suspect that is another reason I dont stay full.
    So when I'm eating better and make a point of eating some protein with every meal it really does help me to feel satisfied for much longer. I didnt realize it was because I was lacking in nutrients.
    Thanks for the info, sometimes it helps to know :why" things are the way they are.
  • metalpalace
    Options
    I have noticed that when I eat better ( for me that means 3 meals a day) I dont feel as hungry as when I eat all junk / fast food.
    Not saying I eat clean or anything radical, just not drive through ,deep fried that kind of thing. Basically I just cook at home more often and dont go out to eat everyday..
    For me I know that when I am not watching what I eat I tend to eat very. very little protein. I suspect that is another reason I dont stay full.
    So when I'm eating better and make a point of eating some protein with every meal it really does help me to feel satisfied for much longer. I didnt realize it was because I was lacking in nutrients.
    Thanks for the info, sometimes it helps to know :why" things are the way they are.

I like how you listen to your body and observe what's going on. I wish more would be so astute to themselves. If you want to add another small step to getting healthier try eating five times a day instead of three and see how that makes you feel after a few days
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Good post Tom! I was wondering how I was consuming so many calories and still craving more. Even just a few days of eating real, natural, good food has made me feel full and satisfied on a lot fewer calories. Thanks!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, it's hard for the people to judge what foods are healthy. Just because something has natural, or low fat or high fiber doesn't mean it is healthy.
    I know I crave fat and after doing some reading I realized my body was just looking for a specific type of fat. Calicat introduced my to flax muffins and they helped quite a bit. Of course now I eat too many of those.:laugh:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I agree, while I don't eat all natural 100% of the time, I bet it's a 75/25 split.

And on an occasion to do have some empty calories you can definatly feel the difference.
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Mtgirl - I love making discoveries that make things make sense. This is definitely one of those! Calories dense with nutrients feed the body and makes is feel more full than calories that are nearly empty. I love that this stuff is usually soooooo simple but we have a tendency to make it difficult.

ivykivy - I Hate that such a devastating myth like Low fat or no fat is healthy. It's devastating health advice. We need our diets to consist of about 20% fat, a bare minimum of 12% fat to be healthy. We just need the right kinds of fats. Largely unsaturated fats. The quality of fat in our diet is literally the single most important nutrient that can consume in terms of cardio / cerebral vascular health; making it arguably thee most important factor in our diet because without a functioning heart and blood vessels we are dead :)

iplayoutside - you're so right. the evidence is in fast food alone. We super duper size everything, scarf it all down, and we are still hungry. Sick!