I LOVE 30 Day Shred!!

Options

Replies

• wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I just got this DVD and I am SUPER excited to start it and begin my MFP journey. Besides the weights (I was told 3 or 5lbs), and I have a yoga mat, do I need any other "equipment" to complete the workouts??

Nope, not a thing. I find that for the chest flies (you'll see) the 3lb weight is not enough. But, It's all I have, so I do it. I saw another poster say she has a set of each, for the very same reason.

Best of luck to you!
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just finished week one and lost 4 inches, with 1 inch from around my belly button alone!
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    yes..we just keep moving!.. and slowly we move forward :D
    My first day killed me...I had to modify the jumping jacks. I had to do my push up on the wall..but i kept moving..took a day off cause i was soooo sore..last nite i worked my way through them ..did my push ups normal..one set of jumping jacks normal..then modified the rest of the jumping jacks.. ..

I'm so glad to read that someone else modifies the exercises! I do a modified jumping jack and butt kick. I also do a modified push-up but I am going to need to move to doing an upright (on the wall) push-up because I am killing my knee.

I also will not start counting my 30 days until I can get through level 1 without modifications. I figure even if it takes me 90 days to do a 30 day shred (30 days per level) I am still moving my dang body and that's worth something!
  • DawneMorris
    DawneMorris Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started back on the DVD's after having two ligaments repaired in my knee. I did marching on the spot but did the arms for the star jumps or the punching as already mentioned. It all about keeping moving I guess. Just try and and do what you can without it hurting. Im about 3 months post op now and right back into it and on level 2, loving it! Do the DVD's on the days I don't go to physio.
  • Shelbsta22
    Options
    Is this something I could do in an apartment? I'm totally interested and think I'm just going to look the work out up on youtube. Just worried that my apartment's not big enough. blah. TIA
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    I just started this workout this morning because it's too dark to go jogging in the morning now. I was able to do all the exercises but I was surprised how much I was sweating by the end of it. I struggle with pushups but I did what I could. I am going to do my measurements tonight. Thanks for all the posts. Great info!

How long did you do it till you went to level 2?

The general idea is 10 days on Level 1, then next 10 on Level 2, then the last 10 on Level 3.
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Is this something I could do in an apartment? I'm totally interested and think I'm just going to look the work out up on youtube. Just worried that my apartment's not big enough. blah. TIA

You don't need much space, so long as you can lay down comfortably and put your arms straight either side of you out then you have enough room.
  • joramaker
    joramaker Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love 30 day Shred also! I am on day 21 (Level 3) Level 3 is hard, but I am able to do it, some moves I need to do the modified move. I have lost inches and a pound a week. My clothes fit so much different. Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options

As long as you have enough room to do planks it should work, you don't need a huge area. Of course, if your neighbors live upstairs they may mind all the jumping :)

I've done 30 Day Shred and Ripped In 30. Doing 6 Week 6 Pack now. IMO there is nothing better for about 20 minutes a day!

Btw, I went to Level 2 after 5 days and it kicked my butt!!
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Takes no space at all. The biggest space you need is to do the "skiier" side to side cardio for 60 seconds.
  • healthyversionofme
    healthyversionofme Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    30 day shred group started yesterday...THANKSGIVING SHREDDERS..CHECK IT OUT..SHREDDING THROUGH THANKSGIVING ALLOWING 2 DAYS OFF A WEEK.
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    30 day shred group started yesterday...THANKSGIVING SHREDDERS..CHECK IT OUT..SHREDDING THROUGH THANKSGIVING ALLOWING 2 DAYS OFF A WEEK.

Awesome!!! I will have to check it out!! I was going to wait till the very end to do my measurements but i couldnt wait i was too excited my clothes were fitting different LOL
  • wishiwerefit
    Options
    Count me in!hoping to start a success story soon. I don have weights thugh
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Did day 5 today. I'm so stoked that I got all the way through the push-ups (albeit modified) without stopping. That's a pretty big deal for this FatGirl!

I did 3 days and took a rest day. I found day 4 to be much, much, much easier after a rest day.

AND... I started paying way more attention to my form during squats and side lunges. My knees are thanking me for it!

Keep shredding, shredders! You are doing great!
  • Sweetie_Sammy
    Options
    When you do the 30 day shred what do you put it under on my fitness pal, and how many kcals?
  • marciat100
    marciat100 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I did Day 10 Level 1 today. Feeling good.
    Starting Level 2 tomorrow. A bit anxious.

I've starting investigating what to do next and I saw a Ripped 30. (also Jillian)

Can anybody share the experience of doing the Ripped 30 after the 30 Day Shred.

Thanks!!
  • dloucarter
    dloucarter Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When you do the 30 day shred what do you put it under on my fitness pal, and how many kcals?

I log it under cardio - circuit training.
    I use a heart monitor and Level 1 I was burning on average 145 cals and on Level 2 I'm burning average of 165.

I've so far lost 2 kilos and 16.5 cm, cant wait to see the final results. It's the best busy girls workout with great results.
  • lozadee
    lozadee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    this sounds amazing - how do you find out about whats involved - is there a website?
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Hi Im 3 days in and am begining to enjou it now I thought the first dau I would die!lol but Im still here!!! will keep going!
  • limico91
    limico91 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You can get it on youtube, just search 30 day shred and choose the one that over 20 minutes.

Im on level 3 and have 3 days left. Its taken me a while to complete as I only do it 4 days a week 2 days at the gym and 1 day rest. Still seeing results and lost 10 lbs since starting it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!