Will my body be saggy if I lose my goal weight?

Options
Anyone worried about this? I'm not as young as I used to be. Anyone have any ideas about how to keep my skin from looking saggy and loose, or (especially) my only two assets from getting flat and droopy? Should I expect this, or is there a way from preventing this? I haven't been a heavy exerciser but if there's something specific I can do I'd like to do it.

Replies

• SHERRYLLAC
    SHERRYLLAC Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I so know how you feel! I am going to be 50 this year and my skin is not as elastic as it used to be but....I have to ask myself is it better to be saggy and healthy or....fluffy and unhealthy and we all know the correct answer. My sis, used this as an excuse to me once...I didn't know what to say to her, she basically said she would rather be fat than saggy...how does one respond...I'll take the sag thank you.
    Good luck,
    Sherry
  • NaughtyForties
    Options
    Anyone worried about this? I'm not as young as I used to be. Anyone have any ideas about how to keep my skin from looking saggy and loose, or (especially) my only two assets from getting flat and droopy? Should I expect this, or is there a way from preventing this? I haven't been a heavy exerciser but if there's something specific I can do I'd like to do it.

Strength training will keep loose skin to a minimum, it's a must as a preventative. Plus strength training will accelerate fat loss when combined with aerobic exercise. Hope that helps!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I know since I'm now 50 and have been in some way fat for over 30 years I'm going to have saggy skin, I'm ready for that and to be healthy...I know I'm eventually going to have to have skin removed and that is going to hit my pocket book hard. It's so worth it. I'll deal with the loose skin till I can afford it.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options

It does happen, some of your skin adjusts. I lost my 60 lbs at age 50 and have maintained for over a year now. I will be 52 soon. Some of your skin adjusts, and some stays lose. Not much can be done. I look good in certain poses but I have a lot of lose skin and it's just how it is. I would rather have it than be fat. I refuse to spend the rest of my life worrying about the fact that I'm getting old. It matters more that I'm healthy and fit. I'm happy, even with my wrinkles and lose skin.