Please help me with my diet doubts

Options
Hello everyone, I am new here and I would be grateful if someone answered my questions?

I weigh a 113 kg with 5'7" height and I am a 25 year old girl.
I want to lose weight as I am tired of hating my body.

I have started a diet since 2 weeks which includes: fruits, vegetables, a few peanuts in my salads, home-made yogurt, egg whites, popcorn and sometimes those low calorie cup soups. Plus I have green and black tea without any sugar and milk.
For my dressings for salads I use yellow mustard, peri peri sauce, salt pepper and dried herbs.

I sometimes even add soy and garlic sauce, not more than a tsp while sauteeing vegetables.

I sometimes also eat a cup of lentils, just boiled with water and salt and cumin plus i add mustard,hot sauce

I am also taking vit B12 supplements and calcium supplements prescribed by a doctor an year back (which I never took before)

Once in a week I might eat a 'roti' ie. a flat Indian bread made of 100% whole wheat flour and water, just roasted on a griddle.

I want to follow this diet regularly as a lifestyle change. I might indulge once a month.

I want to know if this is healthy, as I was told by a friend that you might be depriving your body of necessary nutrients and later in life it might harm you.

Please guide me, I would really appreciate it.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Eat a variety of food that includes at least 2 cup fresh fruit, 2 cups of vegetables, plenty of protein but try to avoid soy, and healthy fats.

That said, you should try to have about 70-80% whole foods and the rest can be junk as long as you stay below your total daily burn.
    For more information on finding how much you probably burn per day check out this link.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I want to know if this is healthy, as I was told by a friend that you might be depriving your body of necessary nutrients and later in life it might harm you.
    Not really seeing this, though your protein may be low. Eat fish two or three times a week to get your essential oils.

You didn't say how much you are eating, but at 113 kg you can sustain a fairly high calorie deficit for some weeks.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I find i need variety to keep me going. And low gi foods to keep me full. Feel free to add me if u wish...i work in kgs too