Best way to lose tummy fat?

Options
Hi ...

What's the best way to lose fat around your tummy/middle?
I am doing the ab crunches which helps but has not made that much of a difference?
Any other tips appreciated.

Thank you!

Replies

• Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Eat less calories than you burn. Do this daily.

You cannot spot reduce; there is no exercise you can do or food you can eat (or avoid) that will specifically target any area.

Best wishes.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You can do crunches until you are blue in the face, but you still won't lose any fat.

The only way to lose fat is through diet and time. So make sure your diet is spot on and eventually the fat will come off.
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    These people have said it all really. If only you could spot reduce, we'd all have hourglass figures and lovely flat tummies all the time but alas, it's just not the case. People store fat differently to others and lose it differently too. For some, it'll go from the belly first, some from the face etc. For me it was my arms, bottom and back first, then my legs, now noticing it go from my face a bit but belly fat is stubborn and still hanging in there a bit.

Be patient. It'll happen.

Jx
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Dont eat at a huge deficit for long periods of time.
    Dont want you getting skinny fat!
  • nml2011
    nml2011 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Diet, reduce stress and sleep more.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Stop eating. That'll sort it out eventually.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    These people have said it all really. If only you could spot reduce, we'd all have hourglass figures and lovely flat tummies all the time but alas, it's just not the case. People store fat differently to others and lose it differently too. For some, it'll go from the belly first, some from the face etc. For me it was my arms, bottom and back first, then my legs, now noticing it go from my face a bit but belly fat is stubborn and still hanging in there a bit.

Jx

lol. I'm guessing HE is not aiming for an hourglass figure.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat less calories than you burn. Do this daily.

You cannot spot reduce; there is no exercise you can do or food you can eat (or avoid) that will specifically target any area.

Best wishes.

this!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    "lol. I'm guessing HE is not aiming for an hourglass figure."

... and WHY NOT hhhmmmm?
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Less stress helps, as Cortisol is known to be a chemical to hamper fat loss.
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

Jx

lol. I'm guessing HE is not aiming for an hourglass figure.

Clever... :huh: