What are your favorite veggies?

Options
alpine1994
alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
And how do you like to prepare them?

I need to eat more veggies and I need some ideas!

Replies

• Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes! I just LOVE tomatoes!!

Btw: I recently found out that tomatoes keep our skin stronger, healthier and better looking since eating it regularly can have significant effect on our skin as it protects us from ageing quickly from the heat of the sun. ;)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, steamed. I used to hate broccoli with a passion until I figured out how to steam it right and now it's my favorite.

Carrots steamed and then drizzled with a brown sugar glaze.

Edamame - though to make it taste really good you kinda have to up the sodium.

And sweet potatoes - boiled, mashed, cut into fries - any way at all, they're the bomb!
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The documentary can be found on youtube. :)
  • EAVA
    EAVA Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love raw peppers=red, orange, yellow, light green, dark green and raw avocado
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash, roasted with galic cloves, red onion and chilli flakes.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your ideas everyone! I actually just bought a veggie steamer so I can really load up. I'll be getting all of these next shopping trip!
  • adrushe
    adrushe Posts: 25
    Options
    There aren't too many veggies I don't like.. the ones I don't like are zucchini and brussel sprouts..

The ones I do like: peppers, carrots, celery, cucumber, tomato (grape and regular), broccoli, cauliflower, beans.. and that's just to name a few...

For raw veggies I just cut them up and then have hummus on the side. I found a hummus pack at Costco that is only 100 calories for the pack and they give you way more than enough. I can eat an entire red pepper using lots of hummus on each bite and still have leftovers!

For tomatoes/cucumber I like to use either salt & pepper, or "La Grille" spice (just a tad though)

For cooked I just eat them plain or add a little bit of butter/salt/pepper

...I am not very picky when it comes to veggies!
  • shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Steamed brocolli is my all-time favourite!
    I also quite like steamed cabbage.
    And spinach cooked in a small amount of low-calorie butter.

Those are my top 3 I reckon, but there are so, so, so many more that I absolutely love, too! There aren't many veggies that I don't like.

My biggest hate is probably cooked tomato. Love them raw, but can't stand them cooked.
  • youallonsy
    youallonsy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My favorite veggies are Bob, Larry, and Archibald.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    peppers, carrots, sugar snap peas in hummus

grilled brussel sprouts, zucchini, cauliflower, green beans (toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper)

sweet potatoes with apple butter

butternut squash soup
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I whip out my spiral slicer to make noodles out of zucchini and summer squash - a light pan saute in butter, gahhhhhlic, colorful bell peppers, onions and mushrooms, homemade marinara..

freshly grilled asparagus, sea salt, black pepper, olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon

portabella mushrooms, sliced, marinated in my homemade tequila-lime marinade.... AMAZING flavor when I do up some chicken quesadillas!

heirloom carrots for a great crunch - I dont like them cooked.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I can eat carrots in any way shape or form.

Same can be said with sweet potato, potato, lettuce, peppers, onions (oh god onions), mushrooms, squash, garlic, herbs..

holy crap, I'm going to go on forever at this rate.

Instead, I dont care for celery, brussel sprouts, okra, and tomato.

I have yet to try rhubarb, i've always wanted to try it.