Just Joined

Options
Unlike my parents and grandparents who lived active rural lives, much of it outdoors, my Architectural profession involved mostly office work, with minimal physical activity other than commuting. As a result, my weight gain began in my 30's when I weighed 150 pounds (and could eat anything and as much as I wanted), and I steadily added weight to as much as 215 pounds 30 years later. When I met my wife three years ago, I managed to lose weight down to 195 going to gym three times a week, but after we got married, I started to gain it back.

So we bought a treadmill for ourselves and Marylee found this website. The combination of exercise and knowing exactly the implications of what you eat is a great incentive to change one's life style and bad habits. So far it has worked beautifully.

Replies

• MaryleeUSA
    MaryleeUSA Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am his wife and I love this! PLUS since we are Soooooooooooooo competitive, the tickers will be a huge incintive in themselves. Right now he is ahead by 1 pound..............That won't stand! I won't let it! LOL!
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you both! How great that you are embarking on this journey together, it will provide great motivation and support!