PB2

Options
I have to say I was excited last night when I saw PB2 in my grocery store. After reading the label, I contemplated purchasing it since I am trying to cut out processed foods as much as possible but roasted peanuts, sugar, salt are the only ingredients so I thought this would be safe.

Does anyone use PB2 or have any opinions of it? If you use it, what are your favorite ways to eat it?

Thanks!

Replies

• TJFreeman
    Options
    I bought some and tried it in a protein shake. I just could not tolerate the taste, but you may like it!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I just bought PB2 in regular and chocolate yesterday. I tried just a little of each when I got home. To me, literally tastes like powdered peanut butter. AMAZING! Didnt have time to reconstitute it yet to try on PB&J yet but I will be doing that soon.

I can't wait to use it in recipes!!!

You have an advantage that it is sold in a store locally. I've seen lots of people that have purchased it online and pay upwards of $22-$25 for 2 jars with shipping.

I think it is VERY worth it, low calories, great tasting. Take the leap and buy one jar and try it for yourself.
  • JinksE21
    JinksE21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I did buy it since I only knew of people buying it on the internet or in specialty stores plus it was only 3.99 for the jar. I'll give it a try this weekend since I already have today and tomorrow's meals planned out.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Pb2! I add water to it and eat it on my English muffins...I also put it in my chocolate protein shakes. It's yummy!
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yes, i like it a lot ! Iv'e used both the regular PB and the Chocolate PB.

You just have to use the right mix of water and powder, takes a few times to get it just how you like it.
    I've used it in sandwiches with sugar free raspberry or grape jam (2 slice of 35 calorie healthy life bread, makes a sandwich for less than 150 cal ), dipping carrots, and I've also had it plain just mixed with water in a little cup with some sugar free jam. I don't have experience with shakes, sorry.
    If you like it, it's a great snack for less cals than regular PB.

* I haven't seen it in any store near me, I've ordered it on Amazon. Its a bit expensive, the average price per container i found to be about $4.60. ( This included shipping, I bought a lot of 6 containers to save $)
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I just came back from a trade show, where they had samples set up. They were only mixed with water. I found them to be tasty, especially that the calories are only a fraction of the regular PB. The chocolate PB2 was almost like a Reeses candy. They also had some cookies that were yummy, and only 100 cals per packet. The employee said that they have hundreds of recipe ideas online. One that she gave me was not to mix the PB2 with water, but with whatever jam you are using. the jam will provide the moisture. I walked away with several sample packets, so I will let you know!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It's gross by itself, but if I eat a little in a sandwich, it tastes good to me!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I use real peanut or almond butter on toast and in cooking, but bought PB2 to add to chocolate protein powder since it will mix in a blender bottle versus peanut butter. I like it for that, but given that I consider peanut and nut oils to be healthy, I wouldn't use it as a replacement for everything.
  • mkstirp
    mkstirp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My sister made us some delicious little dessert cups by mixing it into cool whip, topping with a little sugar free Hershey syrup and freezing them. She made them in the small candy papers so they were only like 57calories each. A very nice treat.
  • JinksE21
    JinksE21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My sister made us some delicious little dessert cups by mixing it into cool whip, topping with a little sugar free Hershey syrup and freezing them. She made them in the small candy papers so they were only like 57calories each. A very nice treat.

That sounds yummy and simple! Thanks for sharing!