Any Bourbon drinkers?

Options
VCI1985
VCI1985 Posts: 7 Member
What's your bourbon of choice? Why do you like it?

Replies

• laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is bourbon but love Jack Daniels
  • AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Bulleit!!! the orange label. that is gooooood
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Jim Beam 8-yo black label or Maker's Mark are affordable and good.
    Michter's is historic and phenominal
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Woodord Reserve & Blanton's. Would like to try some Four Roses.
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options
    Buffalo Trace and Maker's Mark. I think Buffalo Trace is every bit as good as Maker's and not quite as expensive. Then there's Knob Creek!
  • VCI1985
    VCI1985 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Trace and Maker's Mark. I think Buffalo Trace is every bit as good as Maker's and not quite as expensive. Then there's Knob Creek!

Yes, Knob Creek, that's what my assignment is on, hoping someone would mention it!
  • kmeredith82
    kmeredith82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    blanton's is my favorite
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I like good old makers mark.
    LOVE woodford reserve.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    The only whiskey I like is Crown Royal Black, on ice.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Woodford has a nice bite that Maker's lacks. So I like both in different settings. Buffalo Trace is great too.

Never had Pappy's, I've only spent that kind of money on scotch.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I do love bourbon. Can't really pick a #1, but it's between Bookers and Knob Creek. I have a full bar with a wine rack that has been convertd to a "Bourbon Rack". On the rack, alway, if my memory doesn't fail me is: Bookers, Bakers, Basyl Hadyn, Knob Creek, Maker's Mark, Jack Daniels,Blanton's, some assorted Rye Whisky's, too.. There are some others, but I'm not sure.

I don't care for Canadian Whisky, Scotch and only occassionally try Irish Whisky.
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    I don't know if it is bourbon but love Jack Daniels

Not technically. I like Jack. It's my every day table whisky.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Love Woodford Reserve. I am a scotch girl, but bourbon has a special place in my heart.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm not a bourbon drinker but I make a fantastic bourbon cranberry sauce!

Karen
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    I have a bottle of Jack Daniel's sitting on my bar. Wife bought it for me 20 years ago and it was already over 25 years old. Unopened. Dying to crack it open. Just can't think of an event that is worthy. I'm starting to worry that I might kick the bucket before cracking the bottle. In which case, my friends can drink it at my wake, while they are raiding my humidor.
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have a bottle of Jack Daniel's sitting on my bar. Wife bought it for me 20 years ago and it was already over 25 years old. Unopened. Dying to crack it open. Just can't think of an event that is worthy. I'm starting to worry that I might kick the bucket before cracking the bottle. In which case, my friends can drink it at my wake, while they are raiding my humidor.
    Bring the wife and bottle of Jack to CO, My hubby and I will drink it with you and yours :drinker: LOL
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.