Turbo Jam

Options
Hi Friends.
I am excited. My husband just ordered the Turbo Jam Dvds for my birthday!
I am wondering if anybody else has tried them. How do you like the workouts? Do they have any workouts that can done in 30 minutes for time challenged days?

Replies

• jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    LOVE Turbo Jam. They have a 20 minute quick work out and then a total body sculpt (40 min) on one of the DVD's. They also have a Punch, Kick something else- another DVD. That is really good workout. You do not have to do the whole thing- that is about 50 min. The last 20 min is a cool down and full body sculpt. That for sure will get your heart pumping though. Good luck ! After that you will move on to Turbo Fire !
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I also love Turbo Jam. I have a few, including the one that has the 5 workouts. Chalene is pretty funny and entertaining. My favorite is probably turbo punch kick and jam. I also do the turbo sculpt one with 8 lb weights as using 5 lbs wasn't really challenging enough.
  • NiambiKaye
    NiambiKaye Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have done Turbo Jam in the past and really liked it! I'm not the most coordinated person on the planet so I did the Learn & Burn intro dvd for a few days to make sure I had the basic moves down solid and wouldn't get lost when they added more difficult cheography. They have a good variety of long and short dvds so whatever your schedule allows you can do. It was very addicting in a good way!
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Definitely a great calorie burning exercise! You will definitely get challenge :) Good luck!
  • randomgirlusa
    randomgirlusa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! I recently ordered and received TurboJam (it's 5 different routines on 2 dvds). I started almost 2 weeks ago. Honestly, I'm still doing the learn and burn. I wanted to do it every day until I got the moves down, but I've only been doing it every other day.

The bad news: I've gone through learn & burn at least 7 times and I'm still having trouble with the Twist and the Tuck.

The good news: It's not boring. Nor is it so complicated that I feel like giving up. It's just the opposite. I'm having fun with it, so I'm still excited about learning how to do all the moves correctly, so I can move on to the more complicated workouts.

Side note: It comes with a 10 day kick-start meal program with suggested workouts. I followed the meals to the letter for about 5 days, then started making my own combinations (breakfast from day 4, lunch from day 6, dinner from day 2, snack from day 7). I think it says somewhere that it's ok to do that. Anyway, I didn't do it so much to lose 10 in 10 like it claims. The reason I wanted to try it is because I don't really know how to prepare food, so I thought it was a good opportunity to try some recipies and maybe find some new things that I like. I never knew how to make smoothies before, but now I'm a pro ;)

These are the 5 workouts that you'll get:
    Learn & Burn: 15 minutes (give or take)
    20 Minute Workout: Haven't tried it yet.
    Turbo Sculpt: Haven't tried it yet. (I think this one is 20 minutes)
    Cardio Party: Haven't tried it yet. (I think this one is 45 minutes)
    Ab Jam: Haven't tried it yet. (I think this one is 20 minutes)
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends.
    I am excited. My husband just ordered the Turbo Jam Dvds for my birthday!
    I am wondering if anybody else has tried them. How do you like the workouts? Do they have any workouts that can done in 30 minutes for time challenged days?
    I did it for a while. They have a 20 minute cardio session, a 45 minute cardio session, and a 30 minutes weight session, if I recall correctly. The problem for me, why I didn't stick with it, was because I get so sick of Chalene. And I think I got bored with it, too. I did see some results when I was doing it though.
  • peggylicious26
    peggylicious26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam! I have cardio party 1 and 3 ( 3 is very intense and approximately 50mins) , Ab Jam and turbo punch kick and jam. My favorite are cardio Party 3 and turbo punch kick and jam because you burn the most calories doing those and they're fun too! I just ordered Turbo Jam fat blaster and I can't wait for it to arrive. I alternate between Turbo Jam and Barry's Bootcamp for at least 50mins/day 5 days a week.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    where did you find cardio party 3 and punch, kick and jam?