Hello! Finally doing this.

Options
bronnyd
bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Bronwyn and over the last 2 years or so I've gained about 40lbs and have for 2 years been struggling with that ever climbing number. I've used the My Fitness Pal app with little success because I just didn't stick to it and filled my calories with "empty" calories and sugar, then wondered why I was always hungry.

I am really taking it seriously now and thought that being a part of the online community rather than just using my phone app would be a great way to stay motivated. This site seems great so far - looking forward to connecting!

I personally prefer to eat more and exercise more rather than eat way less because I hate feeling hungry all the time. Right now my calorie goal is 1700 and hopeully will burn about 300-500 per day by exercising.

Bronwyn

Replies

• Ajourney4life
    Options
    Hi, im starting to take app seriously as well and looking for friends to stay motivated and help me stick to the plan.
  • eurobaby1
    Options
    Hi I'm Tracy,
    Good luck. If you stick to the program it's good. Just enter everything before it goes in your mouth. I find that works for me.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hello Bronwyn, I'm Rachel.

First off, well done for at least starting to log, it's a major step in the right direction and second for realising that empty calories are not the way forward.

Best of luck to you and I hope you nail it, it's completely worth it.
  • creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Bronwyn! Have had a similar experience in the past. Used the app, but it wasn't until I REALLY became part of the community that I got serious. Fell off a little for a while but I'm back! Good luck...and feel free to add if you're looking for support. :)
  • imalexgirl
    Options
    I am glad that you are giving this another try...I have gotten some good support and motivation from people on here, I am hoping I have encouraged some of them in return! I actually look forward to seeing what everyone's up to each day. Welcome!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    first, i LOVELOVELOVE your name!! thank your parents!! haha.... second, 1700 is a good goal, glad youre not going right to 1200.... welcome, and good luck <3
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie, I like it too! :wink:

Thanks everyone for the welcome!
  • rhondat48
    Options
    I am right there with i didnt get on i was not accountable for anything and i would skip meals breakfast is the
    worst for me
    I decided today i am going to stick with this i really want to do this
    add me for a friend if you like :)
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the online community. I hope it works for you this time. It seems like you know what you need to do. If you want, feel free to add me. We can help motivate each other.
  • miss4sure
    miss4sure Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie! Welcome and good luck. It truly does help to be part of a community and share successes (and failures sometimes).
  • Sahara0815
    Options
    Hi Bronwyn! (beautiful name, btw) ... glad to have you here and if you want to add me as a friend, please do. We're all in this for the same reason, because we're trying to be healthy and need support. MFP is a great tool if you stick with it! Like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it. There are no magic bullets but it's do-able! Congratulations on taking steps toward a healthier you. :smile: