Replies

• GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just read this
    And this is crazy
    But don't eat them?
    How about that, maybe?

Wait a second! You mean we have a choice??? Oh hell that's been my problem all along!!! :laugh:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, white chocolate pringles....
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but that just sounds gross!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    In the interest of full disclosure I have to admit to sending Fig Newtons a message encouraging them to make "Pecan Pie Newtons".

That said, yuck to the new Pringles combo
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    And to everyone's complete and utter shock, they end up tasting great.

Then threads pop up, "CAN'T STOP PUMPKIN PIE PRINGLES, HALP!!!"

"WHY PRINGLES WHY ;__; WHY SO DELICIOUS"

"OH GOD WHITE CHOCOLATE SUICIDE"

don't worry, the world ends this year
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'd definatly try them! They sound good. I love those three flavors!

Salty and sweet (I'm assuming they'd still have the salty potato chip taste as well) is a good combo. Like sea salt and carmel/chocolate.

I'm also very angry because I have been looking at every Target I pass for the candy corn oreos and have yet to find them.
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    World end or no, ain't gonna hurt to try.

Sometimes the oddest combinations become some really good stuff.

And if the world was gonna end... who gives a crap? Eat junk and live life. Enough said.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'm trying the white chocolate first chance I get.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Pringles are super dangerous. I got my hands stuck in two tubes simultaneously once. That drive to work was really hard.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    They keep making that stuff because people keep buying it.............the food makers are about as likely to stop making this stuff as the Colombians are stop making nose candy. Supply & demand.....only difference is this stuff is legal.
  • FullOfWinToo
    Options
    I stay out of the aisles at the grocery store and stick to the walls. Out of sight, out of mind.
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Pringles are super dangerous. I got my hands stuck in two tubes simultaneously once. That drive to work was really hard.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sounds gross to me....but some people might like it...

If you don't like it, don't eat it.
    If you think its bad for you, don't eat it.

I mean, I wouldn't chips and only chips every day.... but I won't deprive myself of snack foods.
    Just like I wouldn't eat salad and only salad every day...
    All about balance.

Some people like pickles and ice cream (I'm pregnant! - I've found a new love for queso cheese and kraft dinner...which I thought was disgusting before I was pregnant).
    Everyone has different tastes, different bodies and different needs for that body.

Stop blaming the snack industry for your own health/nutrition/weight/taste bud problems. There are plenty of options out there, nutritious and tasty or whatever your heart desires. If it sells, they will produce it..if it doesn't...they will most likely stop selling it. Doesn't matter how good/bad/untasty it is. Heck, if I could make millions of dollars selling candy, I would!...wouldn't you?

You are an adult and are capable of educating yourself (especially now-a-days with all this access to information).
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    But I really wanted pumpkin pie flavored ducklips...

Oh wait.
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    I stay out of the aisles at the grocery store and stick to the walls. Out of sight, out of mind.

I'm not afraid to face my Pringles reality.
  • amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Nice, I thought that only happened to me.
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    Nice, I thought that only happened to me.

I think we've all been there. All you have to do is let the chip go and your hand will pull out. But no way that sucker's mine!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Most of the holiday themed stuff usually comes out awesome. Coffee mate's pumpkin spice creamer is great, Eggo's pumpkin spice waffles are amazinggg and I'd love to try one of the new candy corn oreos without having to buy a whole package of them. I might try these as well.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    And to everyone's complete and utter shock, they end up tasting great.

Then threads pop up, "CAN'T STOP PUMPKIN PIE PRINGLES, HALP!!!"

"WHY PRINGLES WHY ;__; WHY SO DELICIOUS"

"OH GOD WHITE CHOCOLATE SUICIDE"

don't worry, the world ends this year

:flowerforyou:
  • Iam918
    Iam918 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just read this
    And this is crazy
    But don't eat them?
    How about that, maybe?

LoL

The OP kinda goes along w/ this story from SD:

http://www.10news.com/news/dad-angry-daughter-spent-120-on-junk-food-at-school?hpt=us_bn10
    Eleven-year-old Bernardo Heights Middle School student Katie Brisoce admitted she's usually in the fastest line at school getting her favorites.

"Cinnamon rolls, Doritos, ice cream sandwich for a dollar," said Briscoe.

Her transaction history showed that on some days she was spending more than $6 at lunch on junk food. She blew through $120 in four weeks.

"I was like your lunch is $3 a day. There is no way that's possible," said her father, Edge Briscoe.

Edge Briscoe was mad that the school let his daughter buy those foods.

"People watching this story at home are going to say it's up to you as a parent to make sure she's eating healthy," 10News consumer reporter Cristin Severance said to Briscoe.

"I think that is true. However, I feel blindsided because when I started the year, there was no indication that this kind of food is available," said Briscoe.

Now I agree with the reporter and the Dad, that he should be more diligent in teaching / monitoring his daughter w/ her lunch buying. However the part below, esp bolded, goes along w/ the OP and makes me have no faith in the FDA, food industry nor schools who blindly follow along.
    10News asked about the a la carte lines where Katie Briscoe buys her junk food.

"Well, we don't regulate that. We do however give parents the tools to do that," said Lewis.

Lewis said parents can go online and see what their kids are eating and limit their spending amount.

"We will not provide an unhealthy choice for the kids to choose from in Poway Unified School District," said Lewis.

10News asked about the chips, cinnamon rolls and some of those a la carte items and if they would be considered junk food.

"It all depends on your definition," said Lewis.

Lewis went on to say all the food, even the a la carte items, meet federal standards.