NORMAL blood cholesterol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
tereced
tereced Posts: 46 Member
So finally, after a 4 year battle, my labs were done and my cholesterol is normal. i have refused to take medication for my moderately high blood cholesterol and decided to make a lifestyle change. Thanks to God and to you guys, 91 days later it has dropped from avg. 5.8 to 5.1

Replies

• BamaGirl777
    Options
    Great job!!:smile:
  • 4aFitTina
    Options
    It is so awesome when something (like diet changes) can do what a pill does without all the side effects. WTG!!!!!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    YES!!! That's really why most of us are here whether or not we know it. Getting off or avoiding the meds is the best side effect of getting healthy. :drinker:
  • tereced
    Options
    Thanks everyboby. This is all the motivation i need to carry on. if lifestyle changes can do it, why do we need the meds?
  • aprilnicole1987
    Options
    That is amazing! good job!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyboby. This is all the motivation i need to carry on. if lifestyle changes can do it, why do we need the meds?

This is exactly what started me on the path I am on now. I thought about it and decided it was ridiculous to take medicaine for something that I could control with diet and lifestyle changes. Unfortuanately it has become common for people to just take the meds given by their doctors to 'fix; problems instead of taking matters into their own hands. I am not saying there are not legiitmate reason to take meds, but there are a lot of people taking pills with potentially serious side effects for health problems they have created. I knew that if I did not change, I would just end up on more and more medication the older I got, and I did not want to end up like that!

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tereced
    Options
    yeah my dad takes meds for cholesterol, diabetes and hypertension. from childhood, i always wondered what i could do to prevent myself from falling in the same situation. When i became a health care professional, I got the tools (information) i needed and decided to use it. It took me some years but i think I finally got it this time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!