NSV - I beat the urge!

uidb5259
uidb5259 Posts: 138 Member
Have you ever had one of those days where you really want to eat all the bad stuff? You want to load up your grocery cart with temptation? Then you want to go home and just sit on the couch and not workout? Well, yesterday was one of those days for me. First we went out to dinner and I had to fight so many cravings for high calorie, high fat items. I succeeded! Then we went to the grocery store and those doughnuts and Doritos looked SO GOOD! But I forced myself to pass by them. Then we got home and I so wanted to just sit on the couch and watch the playoffs. But we did a video from 30DS. Eat that FAT! You do not have control over me!

Replies

• jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Good for you!
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    You are my hero...
  • kellybelly80
    kellybelly80 Posts: 13 Member
    Well done, thats WILL POWER for you... I get them days, my partner and my 2 little girls have little treats that I'm not allowed and even though there is 1 packet of biscuits in the cupboard and the girls have a few sweets I'm being so good by not touching them.... Hard work but soooooo worth it :wink:
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Now that's what I call changing your lifestyle
  • gillsta_21
    gillsta_21 Posts: 73 Member
    Love it! Congratulations!
  • an awesome NSV
  • peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 131 Member
    Way to own it!!!
  • mtlkate
    mtlkate Posts: 55 Member
    Those are special moments! Good work!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    That is great. Keep up the good work.
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Truly amazing!!!!!
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Great job! That is true will power and lifestyle change.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    I often have those days, and luckily like you, I have pushed the urges aside and carried on with my healthy ways :) It's a struggle but if you want it bad enough, you'll do what it takes to get it!
  • YAY! That's awesome!! You know what else I love? Those days when you are craving something healthy, or antsy because you a dying to go exercise. These are signs that you are truly a healthier, happier, more-in-control person.

GOOD FOR YOU!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    I love how you said "Eat that fat!! " Lol

I have these urges, and if I give in...I call them a binge. I don't like them.

When I beat those urges , I feel wonderful... doesn't happen everytime, though.

Way to friggin' go!!! Be proud :D
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Great NSV! Tigers better do their thing tonight though!
  • "Eat that, Fat"!!...........lolol! Nice work and congrats!!!!
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Ha! Take that fat indeed!! I would consider that a HUGE NSV......good for you! That's awesome, sounds like you are well on your way to permanent lifestyle changes!! Hip hip hoooooooray!!! Keep up the great work! :happy:
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    way to go!
  • You rock!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Nice one!!! These are my favourite NSVs. Everytime I make a healthy choice in a situation where I usually wouldn't have I celebrate a little NSV!!! I went to a burger place Wednesday night and had a salad despite all my friends ordering big juicy burgers and chips (I did sneak three of these but ONLY 3!!!). Felt great afterwards

Great NSV
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!