Weighing In & Ethnic food

sbarakhyan
sbarakhyan Posts: 4 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Tomorrow will be the first time I weigh myself. I'm super nervous, because I've worked out 4 times this week and I'm super soar. Although I feel great this week!

Also, I have a hard time calculating ethinic food. Especially since I'm te one cooking it at home. Any suggestions to an easy way to do this?

Thank you for your support!:smile:

Replies

• tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    If you're cooking it, I would imagine it should be easy to calculate. Add up the info from the nutritional information for the amounts you're using, and divide by the number of equal portions it makes.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    there are sites where you enter in the ingredients and it calculates the total calories.
    it takes a bit of time, but 1. once it's in, it's in. save it in the database and use it forever. 2. totally worth it. you'll begin to memorize the nutritional data for all sorts of food and it will help you ballpark everything else you eat and make for the rest of your life.
  • sbarakhyan
    sbarakhyan Posts: 4 Member
    So I lost 2 pounds this week, which was my goal! Yippeee!

By any chance do you know the website, or shall I just google it?

Thanks!
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    sparkpeople.com has a recipe calculator. I think I found that my googling recipe builder or recipe calculator.
  • For calculating, I like to use fitday.com - get a great breakdown of all the nutrients in a meal. Put in the actual recipe, then divide by # of servings to get total count. Sometimes I get lazy - type in the food and see if I can find some restaurant version that lists amounts by weight or cups and just use that, even if I've eaten it at a different restaurant or made it myself. I have been amazed by the amount of entries in the MFP database - even Dim Sum by the Chinese names!
This discussion has been closed.