Question about left over calories

CaptainJim157
CaptainJim157 Posts: 390
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everyone!

I burned almost 900 calories today, but I don't want to eat to close before bed time (I heard about 2-3 hrs before you go to bed to stop) anyways, I still have almost 700 calories left over today, I really don't want to eat to late, but I heard people say use your calories or else your body will go in "starvation mode" and store the fat, what should I do? Will I still lose weight if I don't eat those calories? Hmm.. :\
Sorry for the silly question, just wondering what I should do...

Replies

• tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    First off the eating at night is a bunch of crap...it is only recommended that you don't eat for a couple hours before bed, because your body has a hard time shutting down into sleep mode if it's still trying to digest food. So, unless you're close to bedtime, it's ok to eat.

I would recommend eating some of the calories burned, but not all of them. When you work out that hard, your body needs the extra calories, but if we always ate all of the calories we burned, we'd never lose weight.
  • I had this same question yesterday. I had about 400 calories left. And I didn't use them. I'm regretting it today because I'm REALLY HUNGRY!! I have a feeling it's because I didn't restore my exercise calories yesterday. Maybe have a tall glass of milk if you don't want to eat?
  • Good idea! thanks peeps! :p
    I think I'll just have a drink after this 'cause I'm not to hungry,.. But a drink sure sounds good, I could go for some milk or smoothie or something. ^^ Thanks for replying! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.