Young and struggling

Options
All my life, I have been an athlete. Soccer, swimming, volleyball, dance, etc. So when I injured my back a year an a half ago, and had to sit out soccer and swimming (I am currently playing in college- so it was rough), it majorly hurt my fitness. My metabolism dropped, and I have sense gained 20 plus pounds. I am at my heaviest, and am finding it hard even after 10 months of eating properly and doing what exercise I can, am not losing anything. I've had tests to make sure that nothing is internally wrong or out of whack, and still cannot seem to lose the weight.
I am currently in swim season, still experiencing pain, and still large. I have two and a half months until I go on a cruise with the love of my life, and I need to be losing the weight- for my health, my athletics, for him, and most importantly- me.

If anyone has tips or advice, I'd appreciate it. My mom and everyone else seems to be able to lose the weight, and yet I can't seem to. Any advice is appreciated, as well as tips and hints.

Replies

• PDCbran
    Options
    The first advice that came to my head was prayer. I don't know if you are Christian or have relationship with the Lord but for me prayer works. I get the most success with weight loss when I pray. When I seek the Lord and ask him for strength, self control, and for me not to compare myself to others and do my best, it works! Hope this was helpful!
  • edr2b
    edr2b Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It was helpful for me...and hopefully for mazu..I seem 2 do better when I workout otherwise I just want to eat everything I can think of.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Can you jump on a bike instead? Not sure what your limitations are but when I injured my knee running, I had no choice but to do the bike thing. Other than that - play around with your eating - do something totally different to shake up your metabolism. Drink lots of water!
  • NZblue
    NZblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I completely struggled to lose weight for years, and I'm not sure exactly how you are eating but I cut all processed foods from my diet and lost 6kg in a month... And I seriously struggled. Some bodies just don't accept any junk... Mine is one of them, unfortunately. Which is hard, because we live with my in-laws, and pay for part of the weekly grocery shop, and they have no care about healthy eating. Lol. We've had to go out and buy additional food on top... But it's worth it. (My in-laws think biscuits are a better substitute for fruit. Lol. Bless.)

You might be already doing this, but I thought I'd still suggest it, as it's what I ended up doing after years of consistently gaining...
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight without exercise.

Open your diary so we can peak at what you are eating.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Can't see food diary, so hard to come up with ideas. Add more friends. Join a group here that is active and supportive. I love my group.

Don't give up and add supportive active people who can make good suggestions.

Up the veggies and fruit, fiber. Cut back on processed food. Do some exercise like walking, yoga, whatever. Being in college you are probably walking a ton, but eating in cafeteria is tough.

You can add me if you want but I am OLD and not big into exercise yet. I do alot of gardenining, but plan on changing that when it gets too cold. Have lost 2 lbs week on average since I joined 4 weeks ago. Only 77 more to go! lol. But its a start and I am not giving up. I notice when I eat more starches than the fiber foods. And I really try to work on the water consumption.

You can do this if you want to, one day at a time!

Blessings,
    Christine
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!