entering strength training exercises

Options
I have a question.... I notice that when I add a cardio exercise it automatically "adds" calories burned to my overall daily amount, but if I add strength training exercises (I am down to doing these only twice a week now, but usually do 7-10 different exercises at a time) there is no calorie adjustment, though I am certain some amount of calories are being used during this time.

I have a chart I use to roughly estimate the amount of calories certain exercises may burn when I can't find it in the database and notice there is information (both for light and heavy) on weight training. This is going to sound silly, but I guess this means I have to manually add this info to get credit for it as far as calories burned is concerned? If so, I wish this site would calculate this kind of exercise info in automatically. Seems redundant but if that's the case, so be it! :noway:

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Look for "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)" in cardio.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Look for "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)" in cardio.
    Yes. Log it under the Cardio section using the term above. Forewarned, the number of calories burned will be SMALL. Don't let that discourage you. Keep lifting!