Skinny Girls- do guys like that?

Options

Replies

• Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Different men will like different body types, the same way we women do. I wouldn't get too hung up on figuring out what THEY prefer; the opinions and preferences will vary...
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Some do, some don't. End of story.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Skinny like olive oil? (from the Popeye cartoon)

Eh No!

Slender I guess,

Curvy RRRAR!

But then again I am a big man. I might break a small woman by rolling over in bed.
    LOL
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder.

^^ so true and the whiskey googles
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Skinny and curvy are not mutually exclusive terms.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    A lot of "beauty" is driven by society. Always has been. I like to challenge society's idea of beauty. I don't give a crap if "guys" like it.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder.

^^^^ Well said!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I dunno bout guys but I do....hence trying to be one :glasses:
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Hawt women come in all shapes and sizes and even hair styles.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I would think that most guys would prefer an "average" sized girl, just because of the law of, well, averages. :\ I've personally met more guys that like big girls than guys that find skinny to be an ideal, but that could just be that as a fat girl, those are the guys that are drawn to me. I also think there's a huge portion of guys that just like women, full stop.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options

If you want a truthful answer from a guy, start the question with "no matter how you answer, you won''t be getting laid."

LMAO...
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I don't think it is men just being dishonest. For more years than not, "beautiful" women were not "thin" in the vast majority of opinions. Yes, most men probably do take a double look at a thin woman and have fleeting immoral thoughts; but then again most men fantasize about having multiple female partners at once and if you ask then what they want in a life long partner they rarely would say a thin slut that has friends to join us. Well, if they are over 21 that is. Men want the same thing women want, a loving, caring partner who will emotionally and physically stand by there side in good times and bad times to come. Personal appearance may be a starting attraction point, but those relationships that last have a lot more attributes than waist size.
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    A lot of "beauty" is driven by society. Always has been. I like to challenge society's idea of beauty. I don't give a crap if "guys" like it.

I love this!!! I'm a very curvy girl and I love my body! If a guy doesn't like it, oh well!!
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy, so I can't give you an opinion on what guys like, but I think you're right on the money. People (mostly women, it seems) have been stomping and screaming and yelling about how the media effects women and gives them unhealthy ideals or puts pressure on them to be very thin for years. So to find favor with women who want to be flattered for their curves (and bash on thin girls), men say that they prefer "real" women with curves. No obviously I don't think that's true of ALL men. Some men do like plump girls. Some men like fat girls. But I don't think that all men who say this actually don't find thin girls attractive. Your experience with your thin female friends is not uncommon. Go to any bar and see who's getting the most attention: skinny girls or "real" women with curves? My brother once said that he hated going out with me and my sister because guys paid a lot of attention to us. My sister said, "Of course they do, we're hot!" and he said, "No, you're skinny. It doesn't matter if you're hot or not when you're skinny."
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think curves are much more attractive and I aspire for a slim and muscular yet curvy physique.

e.g. Give me this

2_zpscef7e827.jpg

Over this any day!!

1_zpsb4ff8f3f.jpg

But each to their own. It depends on a girl's natural physique. If I wanted to have the body of Keira Knightley I never could! Having said all this there are some lovely looking 'skinny' types who really suit it.
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Just go Google search "photoshopped magazine covers" and see what is done to them. Women do have an unrealistic image to live up to. Skinny or overweight is subjective. I was 36-24-36 most of my life, up until a few years back, and my ex kept telling me I was "fat". People spend their lives trying to change the person they are with, THEN make the excuse "you aren't the person I first met". One thing is for sure, you can't diet or exercise an ugly personality away!
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    I'm not a guy, so I can't give you an opinion on what guys like, but I think you're right on the money. People (mostly women, it seems) have been stomping and screaming and yelling about how the media effects women and gives them unhealthy ideals or puts pressure on them to be very thin for years. So to find favor with women who want to be flattered for their curves (and bash on thin girls), men say that they prefer "real" women with curves. No obviously I don't think that's true of ALL men. Some men do like plump girls. Some men like fat girls. But I don't think that all men who say this actually don't find thin girls attractive. Your experience with your thin female friends is not uncommon. Go to any bar and see who's getting the most attention: skinny girls or "real" women with curves? My brother once said that he hated going out with me and my sister because guys paid a lot of attention to us. My sister said, "Of course they do, we're hot!" and he said, "No, you're skinny. It doesn't matter if you're hot or not when you're skinny."

I dont like the word skinny. You have anorexic ( the way humans are suppost to look for mating) Obese.

My group goes in all forms

Me i like petite and have some odd dislike of big jugs so linsey stirling is perfect
    Lindsey+Stirling+316587_252421958123332_1322559.jpg

One of my best mates likes a bit of chub on a girl but still curvey.

And another likes girls in the 300 pound range. takes all sorts.

I often wonder how much social bullying by obese parents changes things. Most big mothers i know push their sons towards real (Obese) woman.

Then again you have a fashion system driven by homosexuals who by the nature of being gay have a warped view on woman. Genetics push them towards men that can't produce kids so they will favor traits in woman that are not attractive to most men. Kinda explains why skinny girls always get laid i mean you can see the features that make them good mothers.
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    I just hate the idea that skinny girls are shallow and sluts or unhealthy or whatever. You can't judge the character of aperson on their weight, be they fat or thin.

I know that skinny can be curvy, but when guys go on about how they like curvy they mean not slim, I think. It is one of the ways that the idea of skinny women being less feminine is promoted!

I feel bad for Keira Knightly having her bare body held up as an eww. Actually I don't, she is rich and beautiful and young and talented hahaha.

I just don't get how a guy is seen as 'nicer' for expressing a prefence of bigger women than one who feels the other way.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I have frequently been called "skinny" or "scrawny" by overweight people. I always feel kind of sad for the people who do that, since it calls attention to the fact that they are big. The more confident larger people I know don't comment on other people's bodies. I've never had a man say anything negative about my body. I can't recall thin or average weight people making any comments about my body at all, either, so I don't know what they think of me. I would describe myself as thinner than average - it's an attractive look to me so I don't really care what anybody else thinks. My husband can't keep his hands off me. I guess it depends on the guy. Everyone has different tastes.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think curves are much more attractive and I aspire for a slim and muscular yet curvy physique.

e.g. Give me this

2_zpscef7e827.jpg

Over this any day!!

1_zpsb4ff8f3f.jpg

But each to their own. It depends on a girl's natural physique. If I wanted to have the body of Keira Knightley I never could! Having said all this there are some lovely looking 'skinny' types who really suit it.

I was about to say....that's not fair b/c that's BOTH their natural builds which are TOTALLY different

Keira Knightley is naturally built that way and catches so much crap for it