Optimum Nutrition users...

Options
So I have FINALLY chosen my protein powder. What ON flavors are tasty and easy to mix into different shake recipes?
Double Rich Chocolate
Vanilla
Cookies and creme
Strawberry
Strawberry banana
Rocky road
Tropical punch

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the double rich chocolate, and I've stuck with it. Mixes beautifully with water or milk in a blender bottle. Tastes pretty good, not too sweet.
  • tattedchic
    tattedchic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like the vanilla best, it's not too artificial tasting.
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    So I have FINALLY chosen my protein powder. What ON flavors are tasty and easy to mix into different shake recipes?
    Double Rich Chocolate
    Vanilla
    Cookies and creme
    Strawberry
    Strawberry banana
    Rocky road
    Tropical punch

I <3 Double Rich Chocolate!!!! :)
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I've done the double rich chocolate and the french vanilla, both are pretty decent. The french vanilla is nice for mixing with other things.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Tried alot of them and always go back to the Double Rich Chocolate........ the Vanilla is good for mixing recipes ........ Best of Luck
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    their cookies and cream is a big, fat lie.
    it tastes more like cookie dough, and a gritty version at that.
  • wmagoo27
    wmagoo27 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Chocolate malt is pretty good. I like their vanilla better than any other brand, which is the best flavor to mix in coffee.
  • maximmuscle321
    Options
    their new oats and whey by optimum Nutrition is great you get oats and protein together.
  • maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Bump because I am thinking of trying this brand.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Love vanilla but decided to branch out and try mocha cappuccino yesterday. This is going to be my go to flavor from now on, so tasty!
  • justrunjon
    Options
    just bumping,ive triedthem all but ON is the best
  • dmedenton
    Options
    I've tried a half dozen different flavors... My favorite is Extreme Milk Chocolate. It's great with milk and water!

EDIT: It's the best tasting for sure, but I have to admit it does get pretty expensive. I go through a 5 lbs bottle in 6 weeks at $53 per bottle from Amazon.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Double Rich Chocolate.
    Vanilla
    Cookies and creme
    Strawberry
    Strawberry banana
    Rocky road
    Tropical punch

Double choc: Tasty!
    Vanilla: Ok, nothing special IMO.
    Cookies and creme: Nice, but the cookie bits have a weird taste. I personally wouldn't like it as part of a shake recipe.
    Strawberry: Ok
    Strawberry banana: Bit fake tasting, but ok.

Haven't tried the last 2.

I'd also recommend mint chocolate. I love that flavour, but I don't know how it would go as part of a shake recipe. I only ever have mine with water, and sometimes milk. I'd say that double rich chocolate is probably the best option.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I tried and liked
    strawberry
    double rich chocolate
    white chocolate
    vanilla ice cream
  • t2kburl
    t2kburl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Love vanilla but decided to branch out and try mocha cappuccino yesterday. This is going to be my go to flavor from now on, so tasty!
    This will be the next one I try
    I've enjoyed the French Vanilla Creme, Double Rich Chocolate and the Cookies and Creme was good but not great.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    My husband likes the banana.

At work, we tend to sell french vanilla and strawberry the most.