How many calories burned in Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred?

Options
I'm on day 1 of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and I'm not sure how many calories to log. Anyone have experience with this?

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Log it under Circuit Training. Everyone is different because of size/weight on how much they burn.
  • tattedchic
    tattedchic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can log it as "Circuit Training General", or use this formula below. I found them to be only 7 or 8 calories apart so pretty accurate I think.

30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ok so by that calculation if I weigh 193 I would be burning 210 calories?
  • tattedchic
    tattedchic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yep! You can compare it to how many cals MFP says you burn under 'circuit training general' too.
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Perfect! I went with the general one because it was slighting higher and I feel like I had a pretty great burn. I really need to find my heart rate monitor. Thanks!
  • krizaten
    krizaten Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just did 30 day shred level 1 with my heart rate monitor on and burned 265 calories doing about half of the higher level exercises.
  • yourmymotivation
    Options
    how long of a time did you all log it for?
  • krizaten
    krizaten Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    35 minutes from the time i started my watch.
  • sapph1rre
    sapph1rre Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    for later... thanks
  • mom2zoocrew
    mom2zoocrew Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really like my fitbit for tracking. There are so many trackers available now, upper arm, watch type, pocket/bra, and bracelet types. I just link that to my food log. Pretty accurate and down 65 pounds. Have kept it off for 20 months :)
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I counted it as 20 min of aerobics. I think MFP said it was about 146 calories.
  • kapoorpk
    kapoorpk Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    The best and most individually accurate number is through wearing a heart rate monitor. Its a great investment as it not only tells you what you burn, but also the heart rate zones in which you are working, indicating if you are working too hard to burn fat, if that's your goal. General answers are too vague and usually inaccurate as each individual is different and so is the intensity with which they work,

Hope that helps.

Feel free to connect.

Thanks.
  • Bensmommylis
    Options
    I did workout 1 of the 30 day shred, I used circuit training general as well. I didnt realize how out of shape I was until i climbed out of bed this morning.
  • krrs1980
    krrs1980 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • usafrmas
    usafrmas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all this info guys. I have been working out for a few weeks again now and just started the 30 day shred today!!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    You can log it as "Circuit Training General", or use this formula below. I found them to be only 7 or 8 calories apart so pretty accurate I think.

30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out

bump
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    I really like my fitbit for tracking. There are so many trackers available now, upper arm, watch type, pocket/bra, and bracelet types. I just link that to my food log. Pretty accurate and down 65 pounds. Have kept it off for 20 months :)

I don't think fitbit would be good for the 30 Day Shred. There are too many exercises that don't involve steps/jumping so the fitbit wouldn't be able to track them.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I'll be on day 3 of level 2 tomorrow and today my HRM came and it says I only burned 153 in 25 mins. but before today MFP always gave me 299 calories burned and I just did that formula that was posted and it calculated 213?? I am so confused....
  • smithkmh
    smithkmh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found the same thing about using my fitbit. I get a harder workout than when I'm just jogging but my fitbit doesn't log it as accurately. I take my fitbit off and just log the 30 day shred as circuit training general.
  • BoSs_LADiiE
    Options
    I agree! It is more of a circuit training than anything else because you are doing different body conditioning such as strength training and cardio but in intervals. The workout is short timed, fast and runs right into the next exercise, which is what circuit training is. I added this workout on top of my weight training, bootcamp and Zumba classes during the week.