Diff kinds of whey protein

Options
I just learned that they make diff kind of whey protiens. one for before work outs after. I never knew now i have to look into buying the right ones lmao

Replies

• juanabrego160
    Options
    If your goal is weight loss. I recommend you don't take whey protein before your workout. Workout on an empty stomach. Whatever you consume before your workout, your body is gonna use that for energy instead of burning your fat. However protein is good after workouts, but after an hour or so. Go to youtube and type "Intermittent fasting working out while fasted" and you will understand a little more of what im talking about.
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If your goal is weight loss. I recommend you don't take whey protein before your workout. Workout on an empty stomach. Whatever you consume before your workout, your body is gonna use that for energy instead of burning your fat. However protein is good after workouts, but after an hour or so. Go to youtube and type "Intermittent fasting working out while fasted" and you will understand a little more of what im talking about.

sounds good to me. i use it before a workout cause im told u should lol
  • eldrith1399
    Options
    For weight loss stick with a whey protein isolate instead of a combination or concentrate. The isolate has fewer calories and almost no fat. It is also lactose free unlike the concentrate. Isolate however is a little more expensive than the concentrate and combinations.
  • FearlessRobb
    Options

i looked up the video it talkes about eating 50% of your calories in the morning. if your going to work out make a protien shake BEFORE your workout lol.
    Eating all your calories with healthy food in a 8 hrs period then only drink water for the rest of the 16 hrs.

Its impossible to do that when i work 9 hrs a day lol
  • FearlessRobb
    Options
    For weight loss stick with a whey protein isolate instead of a combination or concentrate. The isolate has fewer calories and almost no fat. It is also lactose free unlike the concentrate. Isolate however is a little more expensive than the concentrate and combinations.

The kind i bought is only 120 calories per serving and not much fat or sugar in it lol. 5LBs for $35 at sam's club im told thats a great price lol
    I acually use it with almond milk so i consider it a snack that ends up being liek 180 calories. so i dont find it to bad
  • Lookingforfitat40
    Options
    Body Fortress from Wally World is $14 and the best tasting stuff out there IMO. Get a hand blender and whip it u with water. It's like a milkshake.

And let your body tell you if you can work out on an empty stomach. You may find it better to have something in your stomach. Don't listen to that nonsense about your body using it instead of existing fat for energy. Eating less will burn plenty of fat. Working out will give you strength and shape. And the extra protein you're consuming is repairing any muscular damage done during the workout.
  • Connieann40
    Connieann40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was reading these post and shaking my head. came to yours and had to respond because so far its the only one that is helpful. your body needs the energy to work out and it also needs recovery after a workout. eating or drinking protein after a workout will help the muscles recover faster.... now eating healthy is the key but I always eat something 1-2 hours prior to working out so that I dont run out of fuel. not everyone has to do that but I do.....
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You'll want to have something that's more carb-based before a workout. Depends on the person but typically 1hr to 30 mins pre- is standard from what I've seen as well as experience. Doesn't have to be an actual meal- a small snack is perfectly fine! Your body just needs SO<LETHING to get its energy from when you are working out.

Post- definitely go for an Isolate; I find them better tasting, very little to no carbs, fat or sugar IMO the ebst kind you can buy. The one downside is they are slightly more expensive.

Personally I go with ALLMAX, great stuff all around! Even their casein which I sometimes use isn't all that bad
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Naomilette
    Options
    Well for me i get up have a small shot of define8 in water it helps in getting your body ready to burn fat and gives you an energy boost as i don't drink coffee or anything with caffeine it's good. Then i go for a 4k walk on an empty tummy i do sip water that has xtend in it witch keep your fat hot so you can burn more. non of theys products have protein in it, when i get back from my walk (normally 45mins) i have my complete whey protein drink before i do weights, then it's egg's cottage cheese and some ham in an omelet. thats my morning if that helps. It does take a lot of trial and error to get it right but this is what i found to be the best.
  • honeybunchesofOhs
    Options
    I don't care for the Whey stuff.
    Visalus powder tastes better to me.

I really tried on the Whey my DR sold me 2 different times but I could not get motivated and while it tasted ok, I find my new shake
    choice easier. Maybe it is because so many different people use it but also I like the package better than the huge whey protein powders.

Follow the direction on the whey Rob and if you can add fruits, instant fat free/ sugar free dutch chocolate...
    oh the list of what you may be abe to make is endless.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Body Fortress from Wally World is $14 and the best tasting stuff out there IMO. Get a hand blender and whip it u with water. It's like a milkshake.

And let your body tell you if you can work out on an empty stomach. You may find it better to have something in your stomach. Don't listen to that nonsense about your body using it instead of existing fat for energy. Eating less will burn plenty of fat. Working out will give you strength and shape. And the extra protein you're consuming is repairing any muscular damage done during the workout.

Another brand to try is optimum nutrition gold standard whey. The vanilla ice cream and double chocolate are excellent and leave no after taste. I have seen body fortress recommended a lot on here, so I picked it up to try. Ick! The flavor I had left. Horrible after taste, and had more cals, carbs in it. I also mix all mine with unsweetened almond milk.