DO PEDOMETERS REALLY HELP?

Options
I HAVE HAD THIS PEDOMTER FOR THREE YEARS NOW AND FORGOT I EVEN HAD IT. NOT REALLY SURE IF THEY WORK WITH THE WALKING OR IF THEY ARENT REALLY USEFUL SINCE YOU CAN TRACK YOUR WALKING ON HERE. JUST WONDERING IF ANYONG REALLY USES ONE:indifferent:

Replies

• Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit which tracks mileage, calories burned & floors climbed as well as steps taken. It motivates me to get more steps in my day. Today being over 12,000. I LOVE my FitBit! It helps me tremendously!
  • FYA2012
    FYA2012 Posts: 10
    Options
    thanks i guess when it comes to giving motivation it may just be worth it. I just never really thought about using one till I found mine put away lol I guess i will give it a shot...it cant hurt. thanks again:happy:
  • eldrith1399
    Options
    Go with a HRM (heart rate monitor). Fitbit is a great one. It will gauge your heart rate and tell you the amount of calories burned instead of steps taken. This is helpful because then it can be used for almost any exercise instead of just walking or running.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Go with a HRM (heart rate monitor). Fitbit is a great one. It will gauge your heart rate and tell you the amount of calories burned instead of steps taken. This is helpful because then it can be used for almost any exercise instead of just walking or running.

Fitbit is not a heart rate monitor. It is an electronic pedometer. It tracks your steps based on stride length (which you can adjust). It has nothing to do with the heart.

I have a Fitbit and it's fun. It's more of a tool for someone who's fairly sedentary.
  • KIMBERLYV123
    KIMBERLYV123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use one up to my daily step goal, then I take it off. Kind of gives me a little reminder to get up and move : )
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I HAVE HAD THIS PEDOMTER FOR THREE YEARS NOW AND FORGOT I EVEN HAD IT. NOT REALLY SURE IF THEY WORK WITH THE WALKING OR IF THEY ARENT REALLY USEFUL SINCE YOU CAN TRACK YOUR WALKING ON HERE. JUST WONDERING IF ANYONG REALLY USES ONE:indifferent:

BTW, did you know that to write a post in all caps is interpreted as shouting and considered rude?