Belly fat :-/

Options
How the hell do I get rid of it? LOL
I had a baby almost 2 years ago and had finally started to get back in shape in June of this year. I've lost a total of 31 lbs. And multiple inches bit I'm having a problem getting rid of this beer/baby belly. Now that I've lost all this weight, i feel like my body looks disporportioned cause my stomach sticks out like I'm a few months pregnant. I feeling a bit diacouraged! Any advice?

Replies

• awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    How close are you to goal weight? I have a tummy too. It's due mostly to diastasis recti....you can google it but basically my stomach muscles are separated from pregnancy. If that is it you can look into specific exercises for it. I also have pcos and it's common side effect to carry more weight in your belly. If neither of those are your issue or if they are strength training to build muscles. More protein less carbs can helps. Spanx? :laugh:
  • Nonya81
    Nonya81 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice. I'm going to Google that to see if I have it. I'm about 10 lbs. From my goal weight. Also, I dont know if it matters but I had a c section. Do you think more cardio would help? Or would that just make me continue to lose more weight everywhere else?
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm bout 10 lbs from my GW as well well 14 lbs & I had a c-section too! I think once we lose the last 10-15 it will be flat .. Then obviously toning lol but for now I would stick to cardio it's what I do that & bicycle crunches
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't think cardio hurts but I think building muscle will help more. You won't bulk up. If your "gut" is truly just fat than having more muscle can help you burn that off. I'm NOT an expert though. :). I've just noticed lots of success stories on here include strength. Csection doesn't help just because of the way the scar lays and all. Good luck!
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Well I got a bikini cut .. It's barely visible lol
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    What are you doing in term of exercise now?
  • Nonya81
    Options
    LOL. You gotta love that bikini cut :-p
  • Nonya81
    Options
    Right now I'm working out 3-6 times a week doing home workout videos anywhere from 20 mins to an hour. Just started doing some from "the firm". Some cardio and some light weights.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I lost my belly with HIIT circuit a la bodyrock.tv, if you want to try something else. I suggest using as heavy weight as you can handle for cardio that includes weights. I think that's what caused the change in my body, using heavier weights. I have two kids, not c-section though. You can see a before and after in my profile.
  • Nonya81
    Options
    Qtiekiki: seen your profile. You look great! How long did it take you to lose all the inches in your belly? Did you do a specific diet? Also, do you know If I can buy a hiit dvd? I only have internet on my phone. Sorry for all the questions.