New here! Got 20 lbs to lose! Need friends!

Options
Hi, I'm Tisha! I'm 20 years old and from a small town in North Carolina. Last August, I relocated to a university in the capital city and I love it... until I learned the Freshman 15 is real and scary! After moving in with my boyfriend of almost 2 years, I've noticed the weight keeps coming slowly! I have joined this site and these boards in hope that I can meet some friends with similar weight loss goals and who can help keep me motivated! My roomate and I go to the gym 4 times a week, so I'm hoping I can see some results soon! :)

Replies

• mellycupcakesxo
    mellycupcakesxo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Tisha! Ive dealt with the same issue going into college as a first time freshman. But after a few years in college I gained the most I have ever weighed in my whole life! it's so scary :( I gained 30 lbs!!!!!!! and so I got engaged and lost 40 lbs which was AWESOME.. the next time i gained weight was after i had kids. After my second child, I went back up AGAIN. A friend told me about this website and it has REALLY helped. i recommend using it every day. it helps you keep track & makes you want to eat right. it tells you how much calories you've had and how much you have left to eat. I also started the insanity program and that has super helped me out in losing weight. ive lost 17 lbs so far and i have 15 lbs left to lose to get back to how much i weighed when i got married!!! that's my goal lol . I wish you the best of luck! you can add me as a friend :D keep each other motivated!
  • MrsNjuguna
    MrsNjuguna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Im new here too. I need to lose 20 lbs too! I gained mine when I was pregnant. The recommendation is 25-35 and I went ahead and gained 55 because it was so much fun! The sad part is that I worked out the whole pregnancy, but I ate like mad.
    Now my son is 18 months and Im still 20 lbs heavier than I should be. Ive been wearing these frumpy clothes for too long!
    Lets be friends and encourage each other.
  • skyblue_99
    Options
    Hi! I am also in college...and gained the dreaded extra college weight. Always looking for new friends for extra motivation! Feel free to add me!