Mom Finding Herself

Options
Hi all, I am new this week to this program. I have quite a bit of weight to lose as I have been heavy most of my life. The genetics are against me, having 2 kids (by C-Section on both), and having surgery this year (from almost having Uterine cancer). My doc put me on 1100 calorie diet last week and I stumbled across this site during the weekend and have been on since. I love this site. It makes me want to continue on my journey to improving my health (by eating healthier portions), and not ending up where my grandmother and mother was (with diabetes, many illnesses, in a wheelchair from being overweight). My mom is overweight, my grandmother was overweight and so forth (all on my mom's side). My husband had the weight loss surgery 9 years ago, has kept it all off, but it scares me to death and the doctors told me I cannot have any more surgeries until next February at least because of the surgeries I went through this year in getting my uterus and ovaries out. I was weak from it all and got really sick from it. So, here I am...and have plans to stay for a very long time.

Replies

• awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good luck! This is the first step!
  • dg2003
    dg2003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I'm excited for you and look forward to seeing your progress being posted. I too have gain alot of weight in the last year and i'm working darn hard to lose it. Keep the faith and keep focused on your goal.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome! your topic grabbed my attention. Mom finding herself fits me too! Welcome. You WILL change your family tree. You can do this!
  • mpcarlisle
    Options
    i'm a mom trying to find myself, too. :-) good luck with your goals!
  • juliepoe208
    juliepoe208 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. As you all know us as mom's tend to forget about ourselves. I look forward to chatting more with you ladies.
  • Ms_Freda
    Ms_Freda Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this site. It has been a great help for both myself and my husband. We are empty nesters now and are starting to think about taking care of ourselves now. My mother has several health problems too and I don't want to end up like her with them so I am trying to make a difference now while I can. Good luck and remember to take things one day at a time.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    good luck on your journey julie!! you can do this. we are all here for you if you need us! :flowerforyou:
  • melly424
    Options
    This site has been my lifesaver. I lost almost 60 pounds since January 2011. I have been in a rut the past few months and have gained 10 back, but this site has stopped me from gaining it all back. I make sure I log in every day. I may not track everything, but at least I log in and read peoples posts. Very encouraging! Keep it up! YOu can doi it!:smile::smile:
  • ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story Julie, we are here anytime to give you encouragement.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place! If you stick with this site and your program, hopefully you wont need to consider surgery!!