Struggling to get motivation

So i'm semi new to this site and i've actually been registered on here for quite sometime, however just now getting around to using it. I feel no motivation, i'm constantly putting myself down when I look in the mirror and am having a hard time staying on track. I'm a dispatcher, so I sit for 12+ hours a day at a computer, it's very hard when I get off work to get motivated to work out because i'm so mentally exhausted by the time I get home...Any suggestions on what to do? I day dream about it all day long about the way I'd like to look and working out and such. Any type of suggestions as far as meal planning, workout that is feasable with a job like this etc would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all!

Replies

• 50kgtoofat
    50kgtoofat Posts: 125 Member
    I know how work can get in the way. My one suggestion is that I assume your shifts are planned so you could plan your food ahead so even if you don't get to the workout you have eaten right.

The only person who can get you motivated is you... but I am here if you need support or humour!
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    I also sit on my butt all day. My thing is that I get up at 5.30am and go running. Go before work. Then your work out is done for the day. If you are not at the fitness level of running a half hour walk each day is a good start. Get your work out gear ready the night before, fall out of bed and put it on, and before you know it you'll have made a habit of it.

Some days after work - even though I sit on my bum all day I still feel tired.

No one is going to do this for you, you need to do it for yourself.

:-)
  • Yes they are planned, and I could get my meals prepared the night before, the hardest is switching nights to days every month so it's not technically a scheduled shift, one month we work 7a-7p the next is we work 7p-7a. I'm wanting to start a family in the next 2 years and i'm pretty sure I have PCOS so weight loss is a must to start a family. I appreciate all the nice comments :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!