I thought I was going to die......

Options
2»

Replies

• Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience with hydroxycut last year! I had been taking them for a month already, 2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon, but all of the sudden I had the sweats and racing heart the whole day and all night, so I never took them again. I wonder if the potency in each pill can vary. Interesting that someone mentioned panic attacks, because it was just like that now that I think about it (I had 2 panic attacks during my 2nd pregnancy caused by the hormones). It helps if you know you ARE having a panic attack, because you can make yourself feel a lot better but just laying down, listening to relaxing music, and focusing on breathing and calming down.

Yes I felt better hearing that it could be a panic attack! I had no idea that could cause that :(
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Diet pills often contain stimulants and therefore can trigger panic attacks which cause the symptoms you speak of. As a veteran of panic attacks, I wouldn't touch a diet pill with a ten foot pole. Pointless things, better to do things the sensible and sustainable healthy way.

I'm guessing this is what happened. This is a common reaction in people who don't tolerate stimulants well. I have the same reaction with opiates (like codeine, etc.) and high-dose caffeine and other stimulants. You really do think you're gonna die. It's a smart idea to avoid any similar substances in the future. Let doctors/pharmacists know about any kind of reactions you have to meds so they can avoid giving you things that trigger this kind of reaction. :flowerforyou:
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Good job on flushing the pills, natural eating and exercise is the best and only way to go. You can do it :) Now you have an experience to motivate you.