I want to lose weight, but love my curves right now!

2»

Replies

• TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    IMO.... it's all about how you feel, I've lost 5 stone (84lb) and feel fantastic, but I'm still classed as overweight, I'm not bothered about the 'overweight' tag anymore.... so if you feel happy than that's your answer, be happy with how you look and then its all good..x
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    My waist is tiny and my boobs are 32/34DD and I have hips too. My arms and legs are quite slim and toned, not too muscular nor flabby. The only issue is I have a little belly on my lower stomach! Jeans suck it in nicely, but obviously I'd rather it gone completely!

That's body type and bone structure and will not go away if you lose weight.

And you can't KNOW that your breasts will get smaller. I'd be willing to guess they won't. Mine are the same size no matter what I weigh and it sounds like you are an hourglass, so you won't lose them.

In my experience, you could. In the past, I was 30-35 pounds overweight and wearing a D cup. When I got down to my goal weight, I wore a C.

Now I'm 50 pounds overweight, wearing a DD.

Oh, and I'm hourglass body type, too.

I'm willing to put up with the twins shrinking to get this extra weight off the feet and aging joints. I do fear skin saggage, though.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    My waist is tiny and my boobs are 32/34DD and I have hips too. My arms and legs are quite slim and toned, not too muscular nor flabby. The only issue is I have a little belly on my lower stomach! Jeans suck it in nicely, but obviously I'd rather it gone completely!

That's body type and bone structure and will not go away if you lose weight.

And you can't KNOW that your breasts will get smaller. I'd be willing to guess they won't. Mine are the same size no matter what I weigh and it sounds like you are an hourglass, so you won't lose them.

In my experience, you could. In the past, I was 30-35 pounds overweight and wearing a D cup. When I got down to my goal weight, I wore a C.

Now I'm 50 pounds overweight, wearing a DD.

Oh, and I'm hourglass body type, too.

I'm willing to put up with the twins shrinking to get this extra weight off the feet and aging joints. I do fear skin saggage, though.

Your cup size changing doesn't mean your breasts got smaller. I'm willing to bet your band size changed, too. A 34C is the same as a 36B, for example. Certainly, my bra size has changed, but the boobs have not. I just get fatter around my rib cage.

If you look at my C cups from high school and my current DDs, they are the same.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    I can't speak for others since bodies are different, but I'm an hourglass and gain and lose proportionally. I am 5'11" and when I was a size 4, 125 pound teenager, my measurements were 36-26-35. I was not a straight up and down board. When I achieved my "ideal" body in 2009, I weighed 152, was a size 6 and my measurements were 36-27-37. Laziness got me to where I am today and last time I checked, I was 172 with measurements of 38-29-40.

As you can see, my body maintains its proportions no matter what my weight happens to be. My goal is to get back to the 150-160 range and regain my 2009 measurements. I have no fear of losing my figure. There are more factors to a curvy figure than weight and carrying extra fat to have curves is not a necessity for most of us in The Order of the Hourglass.
  • goldair23
    goldair23 Posts: 160
    Thank you for all your replies!
    I think I will just cut down my proportions and try stick to no carbs after 4/5pm kind of thing. And then exercising more!
    I'm generally happy with my body, it's just it's coming up to Summer which means bikinis.. That's the bit I'm concerned about.
    I'm happy in lingerie as that's just my boyfriend who sees that and he loves me the way I am now, but other people..? I know I personally wouldn't be confident anyway.

Here's a brief plan of action, just wondering what you think..

Diet:
    -Fewer carbs (but not cut out completely, I'll go crazy! plus I eat wholegrain and prefer it anyway)
    -More vegetables (spinach, broccoli, carrots etc)
    -More protein
    -LOTS of water, I find it so hard to drink it though, no idea why! It just makes me feel all bloated.

Exercise:
    -Gym 3 or so times a week (at least to start off with, I also work to and from work everyday which is about a 30min power walk, I'll just change out of the heels so I can really pound the pavement haha!).
    -At the gym: 30-40 minutes cardio and then 10 reps x 3 on all the weights machines along with lots of squats and lunges.
    -I'd like to get into pilates, but that will get quite expensive on top of the gym, but ideally I'll try get into that eventually maybe.

What do you all think? Thank you again! xx
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    So I'm currently 165lbs and 5'8". My ideal weight is around 140ish.
    I eat healthily, hardly any junk, just too big portions and too many carbs!
    The main thing that is holding me back, is that I'm TERRIFIED of losing my curves. And I don't mean how people call larger ladies 'curvy' to be nice, I love my figure. My waist is tiny and my boobs are 32/34DD and I have hips too. My arms and legs are quite slim and toned, not too muscular nor flabby. The only issue is I have a little belly on my lower stomach! Jeans suck it in nicely, but obviously I'd rather it gone completely!

I'm just scared I'm going to lose all that, I know my boobs will disappear and I REALLY don't want that. I feel feminine and sexy with them! Even if I don't show them off that much haha! But they look pretty in bras etc :)

ANYWAY. I'm rambling now! I know there's no such thing as spot training and I need to cut portions and carbs down. But is there anyway to try and keep a feminine shape and not get all gym bunny/overly toned looking? I like the softer, yet shaped and toned look. If you know what I mean!

Thank you! xxx

If you feel happy, healthy, sexy and love your body - why change it! 165 at 5'8 is a healthy weight. Maybe just focus on a healthy lifestyle and enjoy your body!

I'm 5'7 and feel amazing at 165lbs! That's my goal! I don't need to be 140 to feel amazing, 165 is awesome and everything is the right size for me (boobs, butt, thighs, arms)... and my man (bonus). :)

This!! You sound like you feel great at where you're at. Why do you think you need to lose weight. I'm also 5'7 and I'm happiest around 158 to 160 (which I'm trying to get back to). If you're happy where you are just focus on being healthy - not skinny :-)
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    My curves became more prominent with my weight loss. I am also 5'8", but am around 152lbs. I was thinking I wanted to be 145 but I am happy where I am at. I am more focused on strength training rather then losing weight.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    165 is at the upper end of "normal" BMI for your height. 155 is well within the normal range. If you want to keep your curves keep them.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    22lbs down and I still have ghetto booty! :bigsmile:
    I agree with what everyone else has said, weight loss won't affect your overall 'body structure/shape' if you're a natural hourglass/pear-shape, etc.
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Sounds like a good plan! You're in a great place :) Enjoy!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Curves are not dependent on weight. They won't go anywhere unless you go in extremes of either direction.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Tummy tuck? Lol you can't really pick and chose. Your boobs won't evaporate when you hit a special number, so why don't you continue to slowly lose weight (0.5 pound week or so) and stop when your tummy is where you want it or you notice boob loss. I think you might also want to try lifting heavy and eating maintenance to try for a little body recomp. I have lost only about 2 pounds, nothing in my cup size (sadly, because I'd like to go from an F to a DD so I can shop at normal people stores), but 3 inches off my waist doing 3 months of NROLFW.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Work on body composition rather than scale weight. An increase in lean body mass with a decrease in fat mass may accentuate your curves even more if you choose to do so and have the frame for it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    My curves became more prominent with my weight loss. I am also 5'8", but am around 152lbs. I was thinking I wanted to be 145 but I am happy where I am at. I am more focused on strength training rather then losing weight.

sounds like good advice.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Pretty sure that 5'8" and 165lbs is still a healthy BMI. WHY do you want to lose weight if you like your current body?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member

Exercise:
    -Gym 3 or so times a week (at least to start off with, I also work to and from work everyday which is about a 30min power walk, I'll just change out of the heels so I can really pound the pavement haha!).
    -At the gym: 30-40 minutes cardio and then 10 reps x 3 on all the weights machines along with lots of squats and lunges.
    -I'd like to get into pilates, but that will get quite expensive on top of the gym, but ideally I'll try get into that eventually maybe.

if you really want to affect a change, forget the machines, and go pick up a barbell.

ditch the cardio. maybe do 1-2 30 minute sessions on the cardio machines if you like, but i'd concentrate on strength training. full body circuits would be great for you.

squat and do lunges, but also start doing dead lifts. lots of dead lifts. they do a body good.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member

Exercise:

if you really want to affect a change, forget the machines, and go pick up a barbell.

ditch the cardio. maybe do 1-2 30 minute sessions on the cardio machines if you like, but i'd concentrate on strength training. full body circuits would be great for you.

squat and do lunges, but also start doing dead lifts. lots of dead lifts. they do a body good.

Do this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member
    I'm sort of in your boat. I love the curves I have right now at 5 feet 6 inches 155 pounds but would like to be a smaller version of that curvy self :)