mydogmesa2
mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
Penne with Chicken Broccoli and Cheddar

8 oz Penne
2 cups Broccoli Floretts
1 tsp. Olive Oil
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups cooked chicken (diced or shredded)
1 cup Cheese (recipe calls for Cabot Tomato Basil Cheddar but Im gonna use plain cheddar Cabot is pricey lol)

1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook penne according to package. Add broccoli the last two minutes of cooking time.

2. Remove 1/2 cup cooking water and reserve. Drain penne and broccoli.

3. Return pot to heat add oil and garlic and saute til fragrant. Add drained penne and broccoli,
reserved water and salt to taste.

4. Remove from heat and add chicken and cheese. Stir til cheese is melted. Serves 4

:love: I wish you could see the picture:love: The cheese is all melted and creamy and it sound so delish. I got the recipe from Eating Well magazine.

Not to mention it seems like a pretty healthy dinner. Cheese, chicken, pasta, broccoli, All my favorites!!

:heart: Krystal

I just added it up and 1 serving is 512 calories.

Replies

• mydogmesa2
    Options
    Penne with Chicken Broccoli and Cheddar

8 oz Penne
    2 cups Broccoli Floretts
    1 tsp. Olive Oil
    1 tsp. Minced Garlic
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 cups cooked chicken (diced or shredded)
    1 cup Cheese (recipe calls for Cabot Tomato Basil Cheddar but Im gonna use plain cheddar Cabot is pricey lol)

1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook penne according to package. Add broccoli the last two minutes of cooking time.

2. Remove 1/2 cup cooking water and reserve. Drain penne and broccoli.

3. Return pot to heat add oil and garlic and saute til fragrant. Add drained penne and broccoli,
    reserved water and salt to taste.

4. Remove from heat and add chicken and cheese. Stir til cheese is melted. Serves 4

:love: I wish you could see the picture:love: The cheese is all melted and creamy and it sound so delish. I got the recipe from Eating Well magazine.

Not to mention it seems like a pretty healthy dinner. Cheese, chicken, pasta, broccoli, All my favorites!!

:heart: Krystal

I just added it up and 1 serving is 512 calories.
  • twingle08
    twingle08 Posts: 40
    Options
    so....have you had it yet?! Was it good!!?? It does sound yummy and easy to make!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, I'll have to try that!
  • mydogmesa2
    Options
    No, I already had something thawed for dinner, so Im gonna make it tomorrow. I post on how it turns out.:tongue: