Digial Scale Problems

Options
Yesterday I bought a digital scale. It was about $20, brand is Taylor. It started this last night. First weight was accurate. Steped on again before bed and had gained 50 lbs :laugh: It was really irritating me. So I took the battery out then put it back in and it was fixed. It did the same this morning as well. I once again took the battery out and put it back in. Now it keeps flashing a Lo battery to me :mad: I just got it yesterday! Do you think I should replace the battery?

Replies

• Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    OOps "DigiTal" scale problems, :laugh:
  • evilras
    evilras Posts: 42
    Options
    We bought a glass weight watchers one. you have to calibrate it every time you move it.

So i would recommend you step on it, then off and let it record a weight of 0.0. thyen try again.

If it still doesnt track right, take it back!
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Just take it back and get a new one while you can since you just bought it.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    take it back and get a new one - why bother with the hassle everytime you get on it?!
  • mouser79
    Options
    Return it
  • fbref9
    fbref9 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    We bought a Thinner brand electric scale about 6 months ago. It was about $65 and it has proven to be very accurate. Before you weigh yourself you need to tab it with your foot so it can calibrate but once you see 0.00 you can step on. It weighs you to the 2 tenths of a pound. I highly recommend it.
  • evilras
    evilras Posts: 42
    Options
    honestly, calibrate it first. if the scales are dragged out to use, then they will need to recalibrate!

It will take 20 seconds tops. and then you will see if its busted!
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    Yeah, we just have to re calibrate it each time before we use it. It gets moved alot and when my husband uses it I need to re calibrate before I step on. It's not a big deal, only takes a few seconds todo.
  • allyson2212
    Options
    I have no advice, just wanted to share your pain. Yesterday my 2 year old decided that it would be a good idea to give mine a bath. ugh.
  • JakeNonne
    JakeNonne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problems with my scale. Here are some tips I discovered:
    - Keep the scale in one place. Don't move it. Scales like to stay put.
    - Place scale on a very flat surface. There shouldn't be any wobble.
    - When you stand on it, put your feet in the same place with your weight even distributed. Feet shouldn't be hanging over the edge.
    - If you have to move the scale, let it rest for about 20-30 minutes to let the mechanical parts stablize then recalibrate it.
    - Weigh yourself the same time of day at each weigh-in. I weigh myself first thing in the morning after using the little boys room. :blushing:
    - Sodium causes water retention which appears as weight gain. I will gain 4 lbs in one day if I have more than 3000 mg of sodium. Then it takes two or three days for it to work itself out of my system.

I hope this helps!