When you want to say "screw it all".

Options
2»

Replies

• solyhhit
    solyhhit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just eat it.

But I make up the calories the next day. Remembering how long and painful it is to work off a big bag of Doritos and a couple of chocolate bars is usually enough for me to think twice. Or enjoy in moderation.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I've learned to let myself have a little of whatever I may want....
    Like I love chips, but I will have 1-2 chips and then walk away and go do something else.. I kno what it tastes like, and I dont really need it. Therefore I got that little taste and I'm good to go. If i keep telling myself NO dont eat that or that...I end up eating more of that bad stuff because I was not "allowed"to have it to begin with.

I've shaped up my eating alot by doing this.... But thats just my experience.
  • mathera26
    mathera26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I remember the feeling of regret I had last time. I also learned to leave some extra wiggle room at the end of the day, cuz sometimes, I really want that glass of wine!
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I try a few things...

Thinking "nothing tastes as good as thin feels"
    Postponing- yes you can have it, but you have to wait until _____.
    I try to find something comparable yet healthy.

All 3 of these are not fool proof and require some willpower, so I just don't buy my trigger foods. If it's not there you can't eat. If you are willing to get dressed and go to the store for it, you must really want other. Otherwise, it's not worth the trouble or calories. :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    when I get like this I either chew gum or suck on a hard candy, it takes awhile to suck on the candy it satifies that need for something sweet and it doesnt have many cals even if you eat 2 or 3 but limit yourself . I love the hot cinnamon balls these help me alot also trader joes has some dark chocolate covered coffee beans these help too as I can have a few for just a few cals I hope this helps
  • quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Make a plan and work the sweets into your day. If you don't have enough calories, plan to work out some to allow the extra calories. Sounds like you have some restraint even in stressful times. You can work through this.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I kinda lost control tonight, but cut it a fraction shorter than I normally would. The thought that made me want to stop the most was just thinking about getting on the scale. But I have been having these "uncontrollable" urges everyday for the past week and don't know how to just...get over them. =\ My weight loss had been going along GREATLY and pretty easily until I got stressed...!!!

the fact that you managed to cut your binge short(er) than usual is a major victory.
    and the fact that you even CARE- how long ago was it that you probably didn't even care?
    Congratulations for seeking ways to counter these temptations before the next one unexpectedly hits.......

the best thing to do is be honest with yourself, log every bite- close your diary if you emotionally need to-
    but hopefully you have a great support system who'll pull you up onto your feet again quickly.

Best wishes
    Stay the course, you fell....get back up and keep moving forward.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    What worked for me was honestly logging the whole binge on MFP. The anxiety that caused the binge generally didn't compare to the anxiety I felt as I saw my numbers go into the red, so after a week or two I've stopped for good (as long as I log in everyday, when I went on vacation and took it as "free time" I lost all control again).

THIS EXACTLY! I have logged some CRAZY binges on MFP!!!! I have logged 3000 calories just in my **BINGE** cat. Scary. Slowly but surely getting better! Track it- only hurting yourself :)
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm totally an emotional eater, and I have bad days and want to eat carbs or salty foods. On the times I let myself, I feel better in that moment, but not a couple of hours later. I'd food shame myself and log it on MFP as penance. After thinking about it and why it didn't make me feel better, I realized that a food binge actually makes me feel way more OUT of control once i'm out of the moment of stuffing my face, so really it was a lose-lose.. wasted calories, no resolution to feeling out of control, even though i was totally the boss of me and blew my diet that day.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I try to eat something different.

When I get stressed, I just want to keep popping something into my mouth. Skittles, popcorn, pretzels, M&Ms, etc etc. So, I bought green beans, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots. In the hope that performing the motion will help reduce the stress. I would assume it is the same theory as those smokeless cigarettes for smokers.

But then again yesterday, I simply gave in and had handfuls of skittles, and knew I was bound to only have salad for dinner.
  • Bibianna2012
    Bibianna2012 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tips!
  • warsenic
    Options
    I don't really like sweets like candy, but things like muffins/cakes/cupcakes will usually tip me over the edge in terms of over-eating them. I go for things like dark chocolate since it's supposedly better for you (I just like the bitter taste).

I like salty foods so I do buy Goldfish crackers constantly. I feel like if I eat that then I'm not really messing up too much at 140 cals a serving as compared to a 500 calorie muffin.