gluten free protein bar

Options
I was recently found out I have Celiac. Does anyone know of a protein bar or shake that is gluten free and tastes good. I know there are several but it has to taste good or I can't do it. Thanks

Replies

• sandrabutterfly
    Options
    My mom also has celiac, it is quite common. There are a lot of products at the supermarket. I am not sure about protien bars but I know that an egg is a good source of protien and gluten free!
    I hope that you can find some gluten free products near you
    God Bless!
  • wishiwas
    Options
    my mother is celiac and was diagnosed several years ago...she is VERY active in her local and in national support groups if you would like i can ask her and also give her your email for several websites...let me know...i realize i dont know you but i do know how difficult or easy celiac can be depending on how you tackle it, also the more knowlege the better as it can be dangerous when ppl simplify it and remain ignorant. I will email and ask her now about the bars, let me know if you are interested:happy:
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    I was recently found out I have Celiac. Does anyone know of a protein bar or shake that is gluten free and tastes good. I know there are several but it has to taste good or I can't do it. Thanks

I use the Vega shakes and energy bars. I've tried a few until I settled with this one, mainly due to the ingredients. I would suggest you give them a try. They have sample packets so if your local health food store gives out samples, see if you can get some of these (that's how I discovered them).
  • melissao79
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. We are dealing with the gluten free diet quite well. Our little boy was very sick so it makes the change a lot easier. I am now leaning more towards doing a protein shake just for after I lift weights. The problem is that most have soy which I'm not a fan of or tons of sugars and other unhealthy additives. If you or you mom have any suggestions I am more than open to them. Thanks again.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    they are called "Think" I find them at Trader Joes. Lara bars are GF as well but they arent "protein" bars but damm they are delicious! There are a few more but I cant think of their names. I do alot of think bars. You can probably google and find a bunch on amazon or some site like that
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • sanchezjenn
    Options
    I really like Think Thin Protien bars. I like them so much since they keep me full. They have 0 grams of sugar, GLUTEN FREE and 20 grams of protein. Good luck!